Wondering if whole30 is for me.

dlmanimal

I am 57 years old and for the past few months I have been feeling horribly physically which is making me super depressed.  I am tired all the time.  I've been trying to work on my nutrition because I feel like that's why I don't feel good.  I have no energy and just don't feel good.  Have other people experienced what I'm going through?  And if so, did whole30 work for you.  I'm tired of not feeling good.

• Moderators

You might want to browse this part of the forum:  https://forum.whole30.com/forum/26-success-stories/ -- there are a lot of us who have felt better and more energetic after whole30.

What I would say is, you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying. It's 30 days, plus 10 or so more for reintroductions, of eating lots of vegetables, protein, and healthy fats. If nothing else, it may help you find new recipes that you enjoy, and you may feel better at the end of 30 days than you've felt in years. 

Hi - I am 59.  Like you, I was feeling terrible this year being sedentary, isolated and working from home.  I started Whole30 on June 24, and I am on DAY 30 today.  While I haven't had the increase in energy that is frequently mentioned, I do feel much more clear-headed, and have a HUGE improvement in my blood sugar levels.  I wish I had done this years ago.  The first few days were really hard, but I got used to it rather quickly.  Give it a try!!!

Hi-I'll be 50 next month.  My mood is the first thing to improve on Whole 30 and seems to be the first thing to tank when I return to my previous diet.  I have also experienced a significant reduction in joint pain, mental fogginess, and fatigue as a result of Whole 30.  Your experience may be similar or it could be very different - it won't hurt to try and see what happens!  Good luck!  

Archived