Is Palmini Pasta Whole30 compliant?

FitBitzJourney

I'm in a Whole 30 FB group and someone posted that it was a perfect substitute for pastas. I don't think any of them are certified Whole30 coaches that responded and wanted to get an official answer. It's literally just made of hearts of palm, but from what I can tell the Palmini Pasta is ground into a powder first and then turned into a "noodle". If it's compliant, I'm going to get my hands on some to try it!

Ingredients listed on package: Sliced hearts of palm, Water, Natural sea salt, and citric acid. 

• Moderators

If you buy hearts of palm and slice them into pasta shapes with a julienne peeler or a spiralizer, that's fine, that's cutting your vegetables into different shapes to make your meals a little more interesting. What I'm not 100% clear about is if that's what they've done for this product, or if they've processed it more by drying it and grinding it to a powder and then using that as a flour to make pasta. If they've done that, it would be against the rules ["Some specific foods that fall under this rule include: pancakes, crepes, waffles, bread, tortillas, biscuits, muffins, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, alternative flour pizza crust or pastas, granola, cereal, or ice cream. No commercially-prepared chips (potato, tortilla, plantain, etc.) or French fries either."] From here:  https://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/.  Maybe I missed the information on how it's made on their website. 

Archived