Whoop Recovery

rbesser

I need some advice! 

I have done multiple Whole30s, however they were all during a period when I wasn't exercising because of an injury. Currently I am on day 16 of a Whole30 but now I do crossfit 4-5 days a week. I am also a Whoop user for the past 2 years. The past week I have been in the 20% range for recovery. Even after the weekend with 2 rest days my recovery did not move at all. I was thinking maybe I'm not getting enough calories so I tried to increase calories some (not counting just making sure to eat more) but I think my calorie intake might still be too low. Also I've tried to limit caffeine more and drink lots of water. Nothing I have done has helped my recovery. 

Basically, I'm worried because my recovery has never been this bad consistently and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience? 

Thanks!

Bread and dairy are huge insulin/hunger drivers, so it's possible your overall calorie intake collapsed as you mentioned originally. You could try smoothies to just drink some extra calories, or dried fruit. Smoothies are historically discouraged a bit for exactly the reason that it's easier to drink calories than eat them.

• 4 months later...

I also wear a whoop and my recovery has tanked. I’m on day 15 of the whole30 and feeling so tired. I’ve had to skip 3 workouts this week and see huge negative performance changes. I am noticing major decreases in my wattage on the rower, inability to lift the same weight I could two weeks ago and running at a solid 1.5-2 mph slower, but my workout strain is registering higher. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on day 16 and feeling the same way.  I'm so tired, unmotivated and all I want to do is sleep.  On day 14, 15 and 16 (today) I've had diarrhea with day 14 being the worst.  So today not too bad.  I suspect that maybe I'm dehydrated and am trying to drink as much liquid as I can.  Hoping that going into the 3rd week will get better.  Or should I consider that it might be something else???

Archived