Fruit juice in place of sugar

tamar

I'm sorry if this has been asked lots of times before, I couldn't find anything to address this specific question....

I've discovered that it's much easier to adapt recipes I'm already used to making (within reason) instead of learning to make lots of new things. The issue is that I've noticed that lots of the recipes I have, especially for meat, call for sugar/brown sugar/maple syrup etc. Is it ok to just replace the sweetener with juice (compliant of course)? Should I try to limit that or is it ok to do it all the time?

Can anyone offer guidance as to how to do this practically? What is a good sugar to juice ratio for the substitution? Is juice concentrate also ok?

TIA!

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2020 at 6:59 AM, tamar said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked lots of times before, I couldn't find anything to address this specific question....

I've discovered that it's much easier to adapt recipes I'm already used to making (within reason) instead of learning to make lots of new things. The issue is that I've noticed that lots of the recipes I have, especially for meat, call for sugar/brown sugar/maple syrup etc. Is it ok to just replace the sweetener with juice (compliant of course)? Should I try to limit that or is it ok to do it all the time?

Can anyone offer guidance as to how to do this practically? What is a good sugar to juice ratio for the substitution? Is juice concentrate also ok?

TIA!

Hey, nice issue! According to my experience, it's easier to adapt something new to your recipes(not in general meaning). Sometimes we never know and probably the best way is to cook it in both ways and compare. Best wishes. And for sure, it depends on the recipe. Sometimes syrups or seasoning are the key to the taste and aroma for example

Archived