Making a point!

AJ10

So I have registered for a half this April. I have maybe done 5-6 in the past. I'm on and off just like eating. Well I'm super on now with whole30 and would love to have a successful 1/2 with a PR.

My friend last night was kind of negative about the whole no sugar thing and said let's see you do 10 miles without carbs! I of course proceeded to say there are tons of carbs in ..... And she finished my sentence with ya ya veggies and fruits. Lol. I love her but now feel the need to show not only myself but be a good role model for others on how I can accomplish my goals and feel/look great doing it! Now off for a run:)!

So I'm slowly getting back to running. Good due to some injuries last year. Started crossfit last week. My excitement lies in the fact that I pulled off 7 miles this morning! Albeit slower but nonetheless accomplished. AND my fuel was protein, fat and veggies. My legs were sore and tight from wo yesterday but my body felt great! No dizziness or feeling weak! This is a big deal. I carried a couple of dates just in case but did not need them. PWO was acorn squash, ghee, raisins and cinnamon. By George I know I can do this:)!!!

• 2 weeks later...

AJ. I just want to ditto the messages above and add that not only can you train for and run 1/2's low carb, it is really the most sustainable approach. Carb crashes and excessive thirst will be things of the past. Folks, our friends, love to discredit the Whole 30 approach, I think because they feel their diet lifestyles threatened. So the comments are really not about us but about them. It's sort of fun to be super fit and active, happy and have someone else tell you that your approach is wrong. I'm always kinda tempted to lift up my shirt and show them my abs:). Be sure you CrossFit coach knows your 1/2 marathon PR goals. Also, give running without a pre-run meal a try. Probably dittoing what fender bender is stating above. You'll be amazed at how you feel.

Archived