January Newbie

Amyig

Hello everyone!

I started Whole30 on January 1st. I've been having stomach sensitivity issues and have been having a hard time pinpointing what I am eating that is bothering me. I am currently on day 5. Man day 2 and 3 were brutal. I had a migraine on day 2 and experienced fogginess on day 3. Day 4 I had an emotional high, but today I am back on the roller coaster. I'm learning to take it one day at a time. Looking forward to what I learn about myself on this journey. Best of luck to everyone!

Amy

Hi @Amyig! Welcome. Brutal, huh? Even though this is #4 W30 for me, I still can't seem to remember that the first week is going to be all over the place from a GI standpoint. Diarrhea then constipation then diarrhea again. Plus - headaches, KATT, euphoria, exhaustion, wide eyed awake - man - roller coaster indeed.

Will it help if I tell you this should all settle out next week? And, wow, what learning we can get from this!! One of the things I noticed this time around that wasn't as obvious in previous W30s is that my generalized anxiety has disappeared completely. Last night I woke up at 4AM but, instead of my brain racing through all the doomsday nonsense like it usually does, I started thinking about the silly dream I had just been having and went back to sleep. BONUS! I think I've never noticed it in previous W30s because I've never been in a lockdown with covid swirling around me before so my anxiety wasn't as amped up. 

Hang in there. You've got his!

Thanks Lorna for the pep talk! Did you start on the 1st too? Were you able to complete the 30 days on your other attempts? I am enjoying finding new recipes, but I am struggling on getting enough good fats into my day. Any suggestions?

I did start on the first! DAY 6 is IN the BAG!! WOOHOO.

I've done a W30, W40 and a W60. This one is looking like it will be a W38.

Good fats - well, I love making mayonnaise (immersion blender - easy as anything to make) and then experiment with that. Tonight I blended homemade mayo with a whole avocado, cilantro, lemon, salt and pepper and ate it on leftover chicken.  Yesterday I mixed it with compliant hot sauce and chopped green onions and dipped my cooked broccoli into it. To find inspiration, I google the ingredients I like (mayonnaise, avocado, lemon was tonights search) and see what comes up.

I learned from my first W30 to not fear the fat. Fat is where it's at! After my first W30 I had my best bloodwork of 5 years and had lost 11 lbs.

Hang in there Amy!

Lorna that sounds delicious! Welcome Amy to your journey...we are done with day 6 and hooray I’m much less hungry!  I slept better last night too...a few days there were a little rough I was up all night getting rid of water weight! The first week is usually the most entertaining if you could call it that! Hang in there! 

Archived