Peggy's Hope - Food Log

Lifepm

OK, I started the plan yesterday and hope I am following it correctly. This is a big deal for me since I'm not one to share. I'm hoping these 30 days will show me I can stay on course, not need that certain food to make me feel better, feel less anxiety(which is funny since I'm feeling that way trying learn all I can about this plan!).

I am also hoping to follow this plan on a very limited budget - $5.00 a day. I'm researching where to buy the best meat, for the best prices. I'm also checking the local CSA's. I found one that allowed you to do a work share, to offset the cost of your basket, but they are full for the season.

I am also concerned about getting enough fiber everyday since I have been "lo-carb" for a few months, I have needed to take psyllium husk twice a day. As suggested, I have stopped taking the psyllium but still uncertain if I should continue taking a probiotic.

My food log will be pretty boring since I am OK with repeating the same foods, and not getting into too many recipes until I have a handle on cost.

Day 1 - Yesterday

Breakfast - Three egg scrambler with kale and mushrooms. Coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch - Grilled chicken with spinach, kale, mushrooms, two cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and 1/2 avocado. Dressing made with olive oil and apple cider vinegar.

Dinner - Same as lunch.

Snack - Coconut flakes

Plenty of water.

Not to make this too long, but I have a few questions hopefully I can ask in this forum -

1. Coconut milk - mine says it's only good for two days after opening. I could never finish a can in that time, but would like some in my coffee every morning. Any suggestions?

2. Some people mentioned drinking broth. I haven't read anything about that and wondered about it. I do have a box of organic chicken broth in the cabinet.

3. I just noticed that one coffee I have mentioned artificial flavors. Should I steer clear of such coffee?

4. Digestive Enzimes - necessary? I've never taken this and thought it's best to steer clear of supplements. Again, I'm concerned about getting enough fiber to prevent constipation. (not sure about this sharing!!)

Thanks for any input.

Happy Day!

p.s. I miss spell check!

I can't usually finish a can of coconut milk either unless I'm using it in a recipe...I just pour my leftovers into an airtight container, store it in the fridge and make sure to use it within a week. You could also use ice cube trays to freeze it off in portions.

I'd ditch the coffee with artificial flavors...

If you are not using digestive enzymes I wouldn't add them during your W30...with eating a clean diet with plenty of veggies you should be getting enough fiber to keep things moving, I'd definitely try it without adding a supplement and see how you do....

• Moderators

Drinking bone broth is a good idea because its good for gut health. Drinking from a carton of organic chicken broth is not likely to be especially helpful.

I've never noticed a difference from taking digestive enzymes, but they are a lifesaver for some people.

Thanks for the responses.

Day 2 - Saturday

Breakfast - Three egg scrambler with kale, spinach, tomato, onion and mushrooms. Coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch - Grilled chicken with spinach, kale, mushrooms, two cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and 1/2 avocado. Dressing made with olive oil and apple cider vinegar.

Dinner - Same as lunch.

Snack - Coconut flakes. Blueberries w/ coconut milk

Plenty of water.

Happy Day!

Day 3 - Sunday

Breakfast - Three egg scrambler with kale, spinach, tomato, onion and mushrooms. Coffee with coconut milk.

(problems with constipation this morning and not sure what to do about it. Day three without probiotics or psyllium husks. Somebody posted a great video on how to naturally handle constipation and I'm trying to incorporate the suggestions, without much luck)

Sorry to keep posting...

After breakfast I worked a few hours and wanted a quick cup of coffee to "perk" me up. I had been using half/half before and since starting this program switched to coconut milk, however, it still didn't taste good. So I read through the blogs and saw suggestions to add coconut oil and unsweetned cocoa. I tried it with a little coconut milk and about 1/2 hour later I feel like crap.

This was all happening as I was making my lunch...which is now back in the fridge since my stomach is so upset. I also broke down and took one probotic after the coffee, to hopefully get things moving.

It's been two hours and I still don't feel well. I finally heated up a cup of organic chicken broth that I had, hoping to coat my stomach with something.

Maybe it was the coffee I bought or the combination of all the coconut and cocoa? Not a happy Sunday!

Archived