Getting full fast, but not for long...

Nicole M

I am on day 5 and I have noticed that when I eat meals following the template, I get full quickly... but am getting hungry within an hour or two and am having to snack to keep myself from eating my arm before my next meal.... any thoughts on this from anyone??

Other than this issue, things are going wonderfully--my cravings are really starting to decrease and my energy is up..just figuring out the small issues now...

I had that exact same problem beginning at supper on Day 3 and continuing until this morning, Day 5. Today my appetite has returned to normal. Totally weird! It feels like maybe our bodies are trying to figure things out???

I am on day 5 and I have noticed that when I eat meals following the template, I get full quickly... but am getting hungry within an hour or two and am having to snack to keep myself from eating my arm before my next meal.... any thoughts on this from anyone??

Other than this issue, things are going wonderfully--my cravings are really starting to decrease and my energy is up..just figuring out the small issues now...

We're all individuals and we all react differently and need different amounts of food at different times. It's possible your body's changing over to fat burning from carb burning but isn't fully there yet. As Melelina said maybe your body's just taking time to figure it out. I wouldn't see any need to stay hungry though. The Hartwigs say that, especially while you're trying to figure out how much food you need, it's ok to snack in between meals, just try to make each snack like a mini meal, with protein fats and veg. Do you have a food log, 'cos it might help to see exactly what you're eating.

Well at a quick glance, yeah day 1 seems to be only 2 meals, so you could have eaten more. Day 2 again I feel you could have had more, but then I think you realised that yourself. I think you're right when you say you need to up breakfast. When you talk about scrambled eggs you say twoish. Now I can definitely hold more than 2 in my hand and they ain't that big :). Also I eat way more veg with them, unless of course that's one massive plate of carrots :) Today with my scrambled eggs I had cooked carrots, sweet potato, peppers, onions and mushrooms and some cooked meat.

I'd try adding more veggies, have as many eggs as you can hold in your hand, make sure you're having 2 palmfuls of protein and 2 thumbs of fat and if you're veggies are salad make sure there really is plenty because salad takes up a lot of room on a plate :)

Because I can't exercise, I'm not going to attempt to comment on pre and post workout meals but I'm sure there'll be plenty of advice in the forum for athletes. I hope things settle and keep us posted how you're doing.

Archived