Normal allergy blood screening

Hello, 

I wasn't sure where to put this question, I am not actually in a round right now, but am/was considering a start date of Nov 1st.  I had my MD run blood testing for food allergies last week because I wanted some cold hard facts about what I should definitely eliminate irregardless of doing a W30, and they came back completely normal today.  I don't even know what this means now!  I want to feel better but my bloodwork indicates it may not be a food issue?!?  I have the idea that maybe I should just cut out things you can read about easily that are gut irritants and such, ie coffee, spicy things, alcohol.  I could drink more water, I could try to get better sleep.  I must be thinking of this wrong.  Can anyone let me know if they had the same experience (labs are normal) and still benefitted from a W30?  Thank you, and please accept apologies, moderators, if this is not posted in the right setting.  

I know that I'm going to be talking about two different species here, but testing for food allergens via bloodwork is notoriously inaccurate for dogs, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it was also that way for humans. 

Have you done a skin prick test? They tend to be much more accurate. 

You may also not have an actual allergy, but certain foods may not agree with you. You may not be actually allergic to soy or whatever, but your digestive system just struggles to process it. (I know this is really not the most helpful suggestion, but...it is what it is).

Archived