Looking for a granola recipe!

amandagrace

You can find plenty of granola recipes online; however, I don't think you will find one here, as granola is not in the true spirit of the whole30. I am not judging, but this is about changing your relationship to food. Taking an oat filled item and magically changing it to be compliant would be against the no-paleofying your old foods rule.

I will tell you this - I have made a paleo granola, and as good as it was, it would be a food without brakes for me. Even if you do not have this issue, look at why you are trying to find a granola recipe. If it is a substitute for a protein and veggie breakfast, I would look at your choices, and not push one of those items off your plate for granola instead.

Sorry to sound judgy!

Hi Amanda,

I'm sorry if kb's experience and advice came off as too harsh to you, but I know it was well intentioned, and she's kind of right.

There's a fine line between what's "allowed" and what's "forbidden" on the W30 in terms of paleofied foods, but whether or not compliant granola is allowed or not, it's still not a great choice, and we encourage you to do better!

I'm not sure when or how you were going to eat the granola (as a meal/snack on its own, or as a sprinkling on something else), so I can't definitively bring the hammer down one way or the other, but just be careful of how and when you're eating this. It's easy to overdo without realizing it, and may be keeping you from your goals.

And as kb said, google can definitely get you a compliant recipe...I just wouldn't encourage one to be posted here.

• 1 month later...

Well, I read the original question and found the first response fitting exactly and perfectly based on the site this is! The Whole 30 does have 'rules'. And to follow what they are trying to teach you would not be able to make a compliant granola. With the lack of oats, grains, etc. How did someone get past the main point of this site to a recipe section, ask such a question and then get huffy at an informative and respectfully answered response? Oh well, I have found amazingly helpful advice, recipes, personal stories and the like. Thank you all for your great support!

Archived