Second Whole30 starting tomorrow June 7th

SummerGirl

I finished my first Whole30 almost 2 weeks ago and had great success with it. I'm feeling good and am starting right back into another Whole30 tomorrow. Will pop in here regularly just to keep track of how things are going this time.

Well yesterday didn't really get off to a good start so today, the 8th is my first day of this Whole 30. Am annoyed at myself for the rubbish I ate yesterday but am moving on and just starting with a clean slate today.

Had 2 poached eggs and asparagus tips for dipping for breakfast this morning.

Lunch was a big mixed salad with hot smoked salmon.

Dinner will be lamb meatballs with a side of ratatouille.

Snacks-an apple, some almonds.

It's absolutely pouring rain here in Dublin. Boo! Where's our 'summer' gone? I want sunshine and bbq's and the kids playing outside in the garden rather than fighting with each other in the kitchen looking out at the rain :angry:

Unfortunately with living in Ireland, the rain is to be expected here too but I live in hope! We did have a fab couple of weeks recently which gave us a taste of the good life. Fingers crossed it comes back soon!

Have my Whole30 foods well planned out for the weekend so all will go well.

Haven't had much time to properly log my progress here but my second Whole 30 is going really well!

I'm finding it all just comes naturally now-I don't have to *think* as much about what to eat now as I'm so familiar with the Whole30 drill. It is really confirming to me how I definitely want to eat paleo longterm and not just for concerted Whole30 bursts. I think returning now and then to a Whole30 will be a good way to make sure things don't slide but I can certainly see that the paleo way of eating is one that suits me and one I enjoy.

Having tried various different approaches over the years, with varying degrees of success, I'm so glad to have found my way at last.

It's a great feeling dervalc, isn't it? :) .

I find it so liberating and rejuvenating. No longer tied to calorie counting and deprivation and an endless cycle of win,lose,win,lose etc.

Paleo is where it's at for me. Win, win.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived