Where's the Tiger Blood????

wicki859

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I've been doing this thing since Dec. 31st. I never bought the book, although I am beginning to wish I had. I have cut out all grains, dairy, and sugar, and have been very careful with my ingredients list. I had been right on with the Whole30 timeline. In fact I seemed a textbook case, until a few days ago.

I'm wondering if I just haven't been diviersified enough in my veggies. My diet has mainly consisted of a lot of kale, spinach, spaghetti sqaush, garlic, onions, clementines, avacado, apples, carrot, sweet peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower, chicken, some beef, almonds, EVOO, cocnut oil, coconut milk, and water. I've been really limited by my shopping budget, as I have a family I'm shopping for and feeding. I'd love to try some different things though.

I should mention that I've been dealing with Lyme disease. I've been being treated for it since last August, and it is the main reason I decided to give this Whole30 thing a try. I must admit that I do not have the pain I was dealing with. In fact most days I am pain free. That has been a blessing. I just don't understand why I don't have more energy. I am exhausted. Really, really tired.

The other thing I've been dealing with is feeling like I have a touch of virtigo for the last four days, but I don't feel sick. It was weird. Saturday I went to a post-holiday party. I was good. I ate before I went, and just had salad with oil and vinegar there. I also had a cup of decaf tea. Then on Sunday I woke up with indrecidble upper abdominal pain and the virtigo feeling. The abdominal pain was something I was used to prior to do this whole 30. It surprised me that day. I don't even know if they're related or have anything to do with my diet. I just thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else had a simlar experience.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

• Moderators

Many people don't eat enough when they do a Whole30 and that keeps them from feeling the energy they might otherwise enjoy. Another issue is not eating starchy carbs. Your list of veggies is not carb heavy, so you might consider adding sweet potatoes.

Having abdominal pain and virtigo are not things we hear reported from people doing a Whole30, so I am not sure how to help with that.

Isn't one of the big symptoms of lyme being really really tired? I'd just add more starchy carbs in and get as much good quality sleep that you can and power on.

Lyme's got some links to autoimmunity, so maybe consider hopping on the AI protocol if it persists? I'd just keep on trucking through the 30 days and see what happens on the tail end of it though.

Archived