To Restart or Continue...that is the question

So I have been at this since the 1st. So I am 21 days in but with two "falls from grace" I am really on day 6. Ugh, so depressing when you write it out that way.

I am starting to feel very "meh" about the whole thing. Is that normal? I mean last week I was riding high and now this week it is like I could care less. I am still eating compliant but the novelty has worn off - which I am sure is normal. Since my restart 6 days ago I have been feeling very ambivalent towards the whole thing then, to top things off, I slipped and fell on the ice last week and stretched my LCL and bruised a bone - long and short of it is that my workouts are pretty much torched for a few weeks, at least until I can handle things like getting off a toilet without crying.

So here I am. Debating what to do. I feel like I started this "redo" with the entirely wrong attitude and therefore don't feel like I am truly reaping the benefits of it, the physical benefits are there I am just not really appreciating them. I also really feel like the tumble took the wind out my sails so to speak. Should I continue on with this or simply scratch my "First Whole 30" and start a second one fresh tomorrow? It seems sorta silly but in my mind the idea of just saying, "hey, you know what, i was unsuccessful the first go round but I learned a few things." Then start of with a clean slate rather then continue with the third crack at my first one.

Sorta a "six of one/half dozen of the other" type situation I know.

It isn't about the food, or the lack of certain foods, at this point if I were to never have dairy again I would probably be quite content. Grains have vanished from our house with very little fan fare and aren't really missed either. I am not planning a huge "oh my god, I am free" gorging of non-compliant food either, I have a delicious roast, asparagus, and spaghetti squash on tap for this evening. I just really feel like I would benefit more from a complete fresh start. Am I the only one that feels this way? Am I just trying to get back the "glory" of the first few weeks of my Whole30?

Ughh, I just don't know. I really feel like I am on the verge of floundering if I continue on. I think I am in mourning ... I just don't know what for, my motivation maybe?

I'd want to start fresh if it were me. There is something empowering about sitting down and saying today is the day I'm taking control of my health, it would feel different to me than I stumbled but I'm going to continue on the path I was on, that path might not be successful. You start fresh and you can create new goals, rewards and give yourself some time to brainstorm what went well and what didn't in your first attempt.

Archived