Last day tomorrow...any advice or reflections?

suzytee

Well, we made it to the last day. What a ride. My husband and I decided to do this for our 30 year old mentally challenged son because he has such weight issues. It has done a world of good for our general family eating time and of course we are sure weight has been lost.

For me I came in already slender, and I always feel energetic and healthy. I didn't expect any major health changes but I know they are there. My body changed for sure and I plan to keep it this way. My sugar craving is generally gone and I don't plan on diving into a box of chocolates...but I have been reintroduced to my kitchen and suspect one reason for weight loss is the amount of energy it takes to keep food ready. In a way it seems a conundrum to now be so obsessed with food all the time...always searching recipes and thinking way ahead, but I do believe it's all good and hope to maintain as much as possible.

It has been a strain on the marriage in that hubby though he was gung ho and all for it...ended up in a rather withdrawn state for most of it...not pleasant...where did my best friend go...hoping that will resolve itself but it's really odd...we will celebrate our 35 anniversay in May so hoping it will resolve. He gave up alcohol...not easy and perhaps he has been in mourning? So I am looking forward to having someone cook for me as in eating out again, but I'm not looking forward to making the choices with limited options. I guess it'll all work out. It has been life changing and we have all benefitted though the hubby has yet to admit. So I would love to hear others who are wrapping up their Whole30s and getting ready for re entry!! Good luck to you all.

It's too bad about your guy. I think it's good to remember that this stuff works when you keep in mind the benefits to yourself and ignore what everyone else decides to do with regards to food/health/whatever. That said, it sounds like you overall had a good experience, and getting back in the kitchen is definitely a benefit I have been enjoying myself!

Suzytee,

Congrats on making it through! I completed my first Whole30 in October and have been nearly 100% paleo (almost entirely Whole30 compliant) since then minus a few gluten, grain, dairy free treats over the holidays. I am on day 28 of my Whole45 that I started on Jan 1st and noticed that the tiger blood happened a LOT quicker this time. Last time it was nearly 30 days before I got some of it. I feel like a lot of people expect certain things to happen at certain times but I have learned it totally depends on the individual, so who knows, maybe yours will be in a few weeks if you keep (mostly) at it!!!

I wanted to let you know that you should be thankful that your husband was at least on board for the most part, even with the unpleasantness towards the end. My boyfriend is a doctor and was 110% against me doing this back in October and is now only getting behind it because he sees how much better I feel! He still refuses to give up grains, sugar, and DAIRY (obsessed with milk) which frustrates me but I have realized he has to come to this on his own at some point. So, don't worry so much about your husband, he will come around :)

Good luck on your reintros. I was too nervous to do mine properly the first time so I didn't indulge for 10 days after it was over and had a glass of red wine (organic, sulfite free). If you aren't missing anything too badly I say keep going until something special at a restaurant comes up!

Thanks friends for taking time to respond. It really helps just to have someone listen. I certainly don't have anything to complain about because I enjoy alot of what folks are aiming for all the time. I'm sure it's all good in the end and whatever has happened between me and my hubby will sort out soon. I plan on remaining as compliant as possible. I'm a little anxious about a vacation we are taking with friends in a week and 1/2. I'm anticipating it to be a huge challenge to even maintain our 80/20 we had going before starting our Whole30. We are sharing a house and even though they know about our eating...they are big snackers and I'm sure there will be mucho temptations for my son. I think I can resist but he has definite impulse control issues...eeek. I guess all I can do is grin and bear it and hope we don't lose too much ground. By the way...I'm still not falling asleep easily inspite of the Natural Calm??

I too will be finishing my first W30 tomorrow. How exciting! I'm not even sure when or what I will reintroduce because I don't miss much at all. I am finally sleeping good and have more energy overall. I am still trying to workout my nutrition for my hard workouts but I'm sure that will come. In the beginning I felt as though I had lost weight and my body changed quickly. Now at the end though, I feel as though whatever I may have lost is back and I really didn't lose anything. I really only needed/wanted to lose about 5 pounds and I have gained other positives so I am trying really hard to not be disappointed about that.

Archived