Post Whole 30 #2 Bliss!!

lindzmt22

Hey all! So I successfully completed my first Whole 30 last October, but never wrote a follow up post about it. This time I did. :)

I just completed my 2nd Whole 30 on January 30th. I feel amazing. :D This second round really solidified the fact that I want to eat and live this way for the rest of my life!! I feel so happy, healthy, and accomplished. And I am looking better than I have in 10 years.

Here are my results:

1. Lost 8.8 pounds

2. Lost 15 inches!

3. Clear, healthy skin. It seriously looks better than it ever has. This is also in combination with using the Arcona skin care line and Bare Minerals makeup. Huge advocate for these lines.

4. Steady, regulated and elevated energy levels...no crashing mid-day.

5. Falling asleep and waking up are easier, quality of sleep is better. My body needs 8 hours of sleep now to function. If I don't get that much I feel it all day the next day.

6. No cravings.

7. Less snacking, if any.

8. Hardly ever get hungry. I am satiated and full for wayyy longer when I do eat.

9. Food tastes AMAZING. Natural sweets taste sweeter than ever before. Holy crap. I ate a sweet potato the other day, and it was the SWEETEST DAMN POTATO I'VE EVER HAD. Lol. Then I had some berries and was shocked at the complexity of the sweetness. Wow.

10. Great mood and clarity! Things are able to just 'roll off of me' now. I am more patient and calm.

11. Before this I was suffering from pain and tension in my hands, fingers, and forearms from overuse (I am a massage therapist) and (presumably) some internal inflammation. This whole month I haven't had ANY PAIN. I went from taking Ibuprofen almost every work day, sometimes multiple times a day, to only taking it ONE TIME in a whole month for a headache. Simply amazing. This benefit alone is worth continuing this lifestyle.

12. I am WAY more productive. I started working out again. I get more done, I laugh more often, I am more confident, friendly, and happy. This program and lifestyle is amazing.

This Whole 30 was so much easier than the first one. I still don't have any cravings for the things I couldn't have, even though I'm done with it. This has reignited my love for paleo and I can't wait to continue on this path to health. :)

Sounds great! I hear you about the inflammation part. I was a massage therapist for 19 years, and the hand inflammation has persisted for almost a year post retirement. Three weeks into my first whole 30 and my fingers don't ache for the first time in a long time.

• 2 months later...

Archived