Exercise and huuunger!

SarahEmily

Hey everyone,

I am just started to get back into exercise after taking about 6 months off any serious training. I have been back at the gym for a few weeks now and I was just wondering what other people have as QUICK post workout snacks/meals? I have been having a banana, but read that this is not the best thing to have after a workout... my workouts are mainly weight/strength training with a bit of cardio.

I feel like I need to eat within about 10-15 minutes afterward and want something that I can have in the car on the way home, something as easy as a banana?? Seriously I don't mind the bananas, but if they are not the best option, then I would love some other ideas.

cheers

• Moderators

I eat canned tuna nowadays as my post-workout meal. I used to eat sardines, but my gym banned me from eating them inside the building and it's too cold lately to eat outside. The most popular post-wo food is chicken breast.

The meal template offers guidance and some carb ideas... http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

You don't have to eat carbs as part of a post-wo meal, but you can if you need the energy.

wooo sardines! i can't quite stomach them yet, i did attempt it though. chicken breast sounds good, but maybe too much work. I guess the canned tuna will have to do!

Is it possible/a good idea to have a huuge meal a few hours before or right after my workout and then would be able to avoid having a snack? I know that this lifestyle is good for you, but it really does take a little longer to prepare things!!

Hey everyone, I tried having chicken breast after my workout today.... it didn't really work. I kid you not about 15 minutes after eating it I was feeling so hungry I had to have my lunch. Each time I have had a banana after my workout it has kept me going for the next few hour atleast until lunch time rolls around.... I did a long/low-intensity cardio workout today. I only do one of these a week and I am wondering if the protein thing is meant to be more after strength training workouts?

Archived