Am I overthinking this?

MrsStick

Okay, I get the palm-sized protein thing as it refers to, say, beef. Or a turkey burger. A piece of salmon. A chicken breast. I get it. I'm a little more skeptical about eggs (since my palm needs my fingers' help to hold them) but I'll go with it.

But what about scallops? Do I stack them only one high (thereby making my protein only 5 or 6 scallops)? Do I stack them two high? I tried putting them on my hand and the amount I could stack in a single layer was WAY too small (I know my nutritional needs and it wouldn't cut it). But how high should I go?

Yeah, I'm weird...

Personally, I'd say as many as you need to make it a good satisfying meal, as many as you normally would. I think it's more important to make sure you're getting enough. I can't see scallops, delicious as they are, being a brakes-off food that you're going to overindulge in. :)

• Moderators

The last scallops I bought were as thick as the palm of my hand and it took between 5 and 6 to match the expanse of my palm. According to the meal template, that meant I might eat between 5 and 12 of them. I can't remember how many I actually ate, but I think it was closer to 5 than 12.

Archived