Cacao Nibs/Dried Goji Berries

Jenn B

So, I used to eat this mix of dried goji berries, cacao nibs, and almonds. It was recommended on an athletic/triathlon site as a great energy snack.

I have elminated all nuts to try and elminate inflammation issues in my body, and I miss chocolate (I can hold out for another 19 days) but was just wondering if the cacao nib is okay- I could see mixing it with the goji berries and coconut flakes (I miss crunchy in my my meals).

I work as a ski instructor on weekends for 5-7 hours on the snow/outside, and have resorted to carrying hard boiled eggs with me as an emergency snack. Maybe stick with that instead of trying to get my old snack back in there?

• Moderators

All the ingredients you are asking about are okay to eat during a Whole30. Whether it is okay for you to eat them together or individually depends upon you. Snacks like this can be food without brakes for some people. If that's you, you should skip them. The other thing is that these ingredients offer some nutrition, but do not come close to some meat or eggs and some veggies. If they would be convenient to you out on the snow, I'd say go for it, but the hard boiled egg is an excellent snack.

Archived