Day 5 intense hunger at bedtime

Heatherw

Title says it all. I am on day 5 and just starting to feel like my old self after a few rough days of headaches, irritability, digestive issues and tiredness. The past three nights around 10:30pm I have become ravenously hungry with loud stomach growling and intense hunger pains. This is when I go to bed, and I have to get up and have a snack so I can sleep. We even eat a later dinner - 6:30-7pm. ???

Eat more during the day. I get this too, I've tried cramming myself full at dinner but it doesn't work, I'm just hungry again in a couple of hours. Make sure you're eating a substantial breakfast and lunch and it should help. I think the body takes a little while to process how much food it's had, so if you skimp on breakfast and lunch it'll hit you after dinner. It also seems to take a while to realise when you've had a huge dinner - i.e. you won't be hungry for breakfast, and the cycle starts again :)

Yes, as Zoodles said, our bodies can take a while to adjust and to process what we've had. Pre W30, I never ate breakfast and was always a late night nibbler. Eating a large breakfast is the best thing I've found for keeping me full at night after dinner. Days I skimp on it and think I'll make it up later, I'm always hungry at night. Make sure you're eating enough food at every meal, especially enough protein and fat. The ideal is to stop eating a couple of hours before bed, but it can take some time for our bodies to adjust to this, so maybe plan a snack or mini-meal about 8.30 to tide you over in the meantime. you don't want hunger interfering with your sleep :) Good luck

Archived