let's see what the next 30 days are like!

pandaclouds

Me again :) What else do you put in the squid salad? Do you just boil the squid itself. I tried to cook it several times with not much success. Grilled was fine, but not amazing. Tips?

the squid salad was at a restaurant! i honestly don't remember what else was in it =(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 8

8AM meal--3 eggs scrambled with tomatoes and leftover asparagus/bacon/mushroom medley from last night's dinner

post-13295-0-14791400-1362250283_thumb.j

1:45PM meal--3 hard boiled eggs, leftover asparagus/bacon/mushroom medley, tomatoes, over a bed of mixed greens with a homemade vinaigrette (olive oil, balsamic, and dijon)

10PM meal--paleo meatballs! with tomato sauce, cauliflower rice, roasted eggplant, and steamed spinach. then i read some articles about how we don't get enough fat on paleo so i ate a slice of raw cow cheese =)

post-13295-0-81817900-1362250304_thumb.j

the squid salad was at a restaurant! i honestly don't remember what else was in it =(

Sooo funny. Clearly I was carried away by the idea of new squid experiment, so I didn't notice the mentioning of the restaurant. Ok, some other day I'll torture a squid again.

DAY 9

8AM--green tea w/ lemon and a spoonful of coconut oil

11:30AM meal--salad with 2 hard boiled eggs, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette. paleo banana muffin (leftover from months ago i found in the freezer, still yummy!)

snacks--apple, orange slices, handful of raisins (what am i going to do to overcome this habit??? it's so hard wen it's staring you in the face EVERY DAY!)

6pm meal--leftover meatballs with tomato sauce, spinach, cauliflower 'rice'. side of collard greens

DAY 10

8AM meal--slow cooked homemade rotisserie chicken (amazing!) with sauteed eggplant and kale

post-13295-0-59800300-1362250348_thumb.j

1:30pm meal--chicken with side salad (mixed greens, cukes, tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette)

4pm snack--raisins, apple

10:45pm meal--chicken and kale, handful of raw cashews.

30 min later--and i just stress ate the rest of a carton of prunes (around 10 prunes)...OOF.

weird. i wasn't hungry for dinner at my usual mealtime (6pm) so i didnt eat until after i got home (10:45pm). Was debating if i should just go to bed but then i thought i wouldn't be able to fall asleep hungry. my body is being so weird!

DAY 11

so i stepped on the scale this morning, and not to my surprise i haven't lost any weight since i last weighed in (at the end of my whole30). i've officially plateaued which officially sucks. so i thought long and hard about what i'm doing wrong and i just have a FEELING it's because i can't stop eating all those damn apples and oranges during snack time at my preschool!!!!!!!!!!! i think seeing the number on the scale was the reality check i needed so i am DETERMINED to not snack until the next weigh in which is supposed to be the 18th but i'm going to see if i can just go until the 11 which is 11 days from now. also i'm going to try to do some more intermittent fasting (just skipping breakfast here and there until after i workout) and i am going to up my workout routine,

11AM post workout meal--bowl of full fat organic yogurt, some leftover chicken and beef meatballs, leftover kale, and some steamed broccoli.

post-13295-0-24729800-1362250387_thumb.j

7PM meal--tonight was the auction/gala for my preschool and i was surprised by how easy it was for me to say NO to carbs/bread/desserts etc. but i did drink a lot of wine and eat a ton of food. here goes: 3 glasses of red wine, turkey breast, pork taco (not the shell), seafood here and there, roasted veggies (acorn squash, brussel sprouts, cauliflower), plantain chips, too much cheese (but it was so good!), prosciutto and salami, fish ceviche, cauliflower soup...i think that was it. i probably had some dairy i wasn't supposed to have (in the form of cream or milk) and there might have been some added sugar in some of the hor dourves/dinner items but i think i did a pretty damn good job.

ALSO, i battled the SNACK DRAGON today and WON!!!!!! Day 1 down, 10 to go until i weigh in...

weird. i wasn't hungry for dinner at my usual mealtime (6pm) so i didnt eat until after i got home (10:45pm). Was debating if i should just go to bed but then i thought i wouldn't be able to fall asleep hungry. my body is being so weird!

I hate when it happens. To eat or not to eat eternal dilemma.

DAY 12

8:15AM--green tea with a big spoonful of coconut oil

2PM--chicken with steamed green beans and broccoli

4PM--glass of red wine and 2 warmed hard apple ciders

9PM--3 beef tacos (just beef and guacamole, no shells), side of guacamole, side salad, 2 glasses red wine

i know i've got to quit it with the drinking!!!!! but hooray for getting through another day of not snacking!!! although, i don't feel too good about the hard ciders, but they were so much cheaper than the wine! next week and the week after will be busy so they will stay mostly booze free.

DAY 13

10AM--green tea w/ spoonful of coconut oil

1:45pm post workout meal--small sweet potato, sautéed eggplant, homemade avgolemono soup (without the rice, of course)! so yummy!

post-13295-0-36776000-1362250426_thumb.j

7:30pm meal--baked cod, sauteed kale, leftover paleo banana muffin, and a tiny slice of aged raw cow cheese at the end =)

11pm mini-meal--boyfriend hadn't had dinner yet and i was still feeling hungry SO...spicy seafood miso soup (i KNOW this is not paleo, but i had ordered the lemongrass soup and they sent me the wrong one! :( ) 2 pieces of sashimi, no rice.

DAY 14

1:30pm meal--tried to make cauliflower buns for egg sandwiches but they came out mushy, delicious anyway. 1 1/2 egg sandwiches consisting of: cauliflower buns, 2 eggs scrambled w/ onion, 1/2 an avocado, 2 1/2 slices of bacon.

4:30 snack--handful of mixed nuts...TOO MANY

5:30 snack--clementine. SIGH, i guess technically i just broke my goal of not snacking on fruit for the next week BUT let me explain my situation. i'm babysitting. if you knew me before i went paleo, you would understand how far i've come. let's just say that if it were old me sitting here i would be snacking on honey mustard pretzels, wheat thins, saltines, chocolate covered pretzels, ice cream, fish sticks, and processed cheese. WOW no wonder i used to feel so bloated and addicted to sugars/carbs! babysitting is very dangerous snack dragon territory, let me tell you. i think a clementine and too many nuts is a step in the right direction. =)

8:30 meal--homemade avgolemono soup, kale sauteed in some kerrygold butter, 1/2 avocado, whole grapefruit

DAY 15

well its officially been 2 weeks since the whole 30 challenge so i decided to weight in and....I HAVEN'T LOST A POUND!!!!

current weight: 128.8 lbs

SOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

i feel like it could be stress related (i'm in the midst of job hunting right now), too much drinking, or maybe just eating/snacking too much. i'm not sure but it is very upsetting =( i'm going to try to exercise more and eat a little less and we'll see if that helps!

8:15am meal--baked cod, cauliflower-egg buns, kale

4:30 snack attack--handful of cashews and almonds, a few slices of orange, and a few cubes of cheese (not raw, but lactose free)

8:00 post workout predinner snack attack--letover cauliflower mash, some baby carrots

8:30 meal--homemade kale and chorizo soup, and a gala apple for dessert. what can i say i was still hungry.

DAY 16

today was a rough day. i'm PMSing what can i say. i'm giving up on my whole "no fruit snacking" thing. it's just too hard to go cold turkey. and i've been eating nuts like whoa. errrgggg!

8AM--green tea w/ coconut oil

11:30am meal--2 or 3 cauliflower buns, some kale, 2 strips of bacon, 3 scrambled eggs...was still hungry SO i had green beans in a tahini almond sauce (technically not paleo, the tahini, right?) and 3 szechuan chicken wings (from whole foods, the wings were paleo minus some sesame oil)

4:00pm snack--a few orange slices (and i really mean a few)

5:45pm meal--leftover kale and chorizo soup, 2 big handfuls of cashews

9:00pm snack--almonds and raisins =(

tomorrow is a new day.

It is actually paleo per my knowledge. I have raw cold pressed with no additives. However it should be used in moderation, ideally. Luckuly for us all you can't just eat it out of the jar like _____ (insert any butter).

Derval quoted this somewhere on forum:

Tahini gets a thumbs-up in technical Whole30 terms, but a serious cautionary note because of the very high content of linoleic acid (LA), the parent molecule for inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids. So, go seriously easy on the sesame seeds and sunflower seeds, and you'll be okay.

DAY 17

10AM meal--2 eggs, 3 strips bacon, lots of sautéed kale.

1pm mini meal--side salad w/ tuna and olives, lemon vinaigrette, 2 handfuls of raisins.

4pm meal--chorizo and kale soup, handful of raisins

9pm post workout meal--shrimp, kale sauteed in kerrygold butter, small baked sweet potato, apple.

the fruits and nuts and overall snacking are killing me. i have a feeling its my hormones going crazy but i HATE not feeling in control.

The other day I read that adding lemon to green tea or white tea seriously increases the health benefits. Personally I don't care for lemon in tea but I saw that you had green tea with lemon one day. Just wanted to mention what a good combination that is.

Terez

The other day I read that adding lemon to green tea or white tea seriously increases the health benefits. Personally I don't care for lemon in tea but I saw that you had green tea with lemon one day. Just wanted to mention what a good combination that is.

Terez

yes! i always put lemon in my tea! tastes better that way too! thanks for sharing =)

DAY 18

10:45am meal--baked cod, sauteed kale, steamed cauliflower tossed in kerrygold butter

2pm to 6:45pm snack attack--handful of cashews, piece of 83% cacoa chocolate, handful of dried mangos, small carton of blueberries, a couple apple and orange slices, organic european style full fat yogurt :o:blink::(

8:30pm meal--baked cog, roasted acorn squash, and cauliflower.

9pm snack attack--enough cashews and raisins to last for days. (i was babysitting AND it's that time of the month aahhhh)

DAY 19

perhaps if i start my day off with an encouraging note to myself i will have a LITTLE more self control.

goal for today: NO NUTS OR DRIED FRUIT. however, i AM babysitting again tonight so this will be challenging. any suggestions for snacks when you just KNOW you're gonna have a snack attack?

8am meal--2 eggs scrambled w/ peccorino, bowl of organic full fat yogurt

12:30pm meal--salad! with grilled chicken, avocado, asparagus, artichoke, cherry tomatoes, and kimchi. balsamic vinegar and olive oil

2pm--1 strawberry and 1 piece of banana dipped in chocolate fondu (work party)

4:30pm preworkout snack--kombucha, small bowl of yogurt

so far the snacking has been better today! to be honest i had maybe 5 almonds and 1 prune in addition to what i wrote above, but in the moment i forgot my pact to myself. every deli and grocery store i passed i found myself slowing down, about to run in and buy a container of cashews but i've been strong!!! tonight will be difficult because i'm babysitting again, but i'm taking a full dinner and some cured meats and cheeses for a snack.

The W30 recommendation for snacks is to make them small meals. Fat + animal protein + vegetables

Deviled eggs and crunchy sugar pea pods

Chicken liver pate on celery sticks

Just some thoughts...

Oh I am so with on this. I feel so disgusting after snack attacks. I think that the real problem is not what you eat but the fact of the need to stuff something in our mouth. After giving it a thought I realized that carrot binge is not much better than nuts binge. At the very least one will make you less healthy. Blah blah you know it all. I have committed to nut free March + dried free half March.

This is what I posted in another topic:

Check the thread on this forum, I think it was called "snacks that are not fruits or nuts". There a lot of great ideas how to prepare mini meal to have on the go. Most popular are egg cups, cut veggies with sauce, hard boiled eggs. You can keep it simple or you can get really creative here - roll spinach in chicken breast /bake/cut or stuff mushroom cap or wrap any veggie in ham/prociutto/large sundried tomatoes. It takes time to plan and prepare but it's worth the effort I think.

DAY 20

yesterday was my first day of actually cheating on paleo. it felt good to know that i was doing it not because i was "losing control" but because it was a special event and i had to eat. back to the grind today though. here's what i had:

11am meal--2 eggs scrambled w/ picante cured meat slices and some raw milk cheese

1:30pm meal--2 cheese blintzes topped w/ sour cream, blue berries, and strawberries. 2 1/2 chocolate chocolate crepes topped w/ some sort of apple-butter sauce. 2 glasses of prosecco.

5:30pm snack--snacked on some dried apricots and pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate bunny

7:00pm meal--small piece of chicken breast and small piece of pork chop with a coffee burbon bbq sauce, side of honey roasted carrotts and baked sweet potato

10:00pm snack--2 bags of nuts (one was roasted cashews, the other raw mixed nuts), coconut water, red wine sprizter (made w/ red wine and lemon-lime seltzer)

DAY 21

11am--fuji apple

1pm--green tea w/ lemon, 3 scrambled eggs, side of steamed broccoli tossed in melted kerrygold butter, all topped w/ some grated peccorino.

4pm--2 handfuls of nuts and dried fruit.

6pm--2 chocolate truffles

9pm--3 chicken meatballs with spicy meat sauce, steamed spinach in a yogurt sauce, honey roasted carrots, side salad with romaine, beets, and walnuts. glass of red wine and a cocktail from the bartender (no clue what was in it).

DAY 22

9am--bowl of organic full fat yogurt.

11am--dark chocolate.

3pm--swordfish steak pan seared in olive and coconut oil, topped w/ some kerrygold lemon butter. side of kale, bacon, and beets sauteed in a little bacon grease, but mostly coconut oil. dessert of one paleo banana muffin. take that!

5:30pm--glass of red wine

7:45pm--dried mango

9:45pm--beef patty, pickles, sauerkraut, chocolate truffle!

DAY 23

okay, back to the grind today. i feel like i've been eating and snacking a lot so i'm going to try to calm it down.

10:30am meal--green tea w/ lemon, 2.5 eggs scrambled w/ aged raw milk cheddar, side of steamed broc topped w/ peccorino and lemon, 1/2 an avocado, and 2.5 strips of bacon.

3:30pm--snacked on some dried mango

7:45-8:45 pre dinner hunger attack--more dried mango, big handful raw cashews

10:00pm--best dinner ever, paleo pizza!!! pics to come. crust was made from cauliflower, goat cheese, and egg. topped w/ tomato sauce and toppingz--pepperoni, kalamata olives, spinach, basil, and a little goat cheese!

Archived