Cave girl Megan whole 30 log-week 1 recap

Cavegirlmegan

DAY 25! Couple of exciting unsolicited comments in the past few days worth sharing because it is that "magic" that people whom I haven't seen in awhile are noticing the change.

1- saw a friend at yoga, before I even had the chance to tell her about it, she was asking me what I had been doing different because I was looking so well. She then said, "Don't take this wrong, but have you lost weight?" It was great!

2- saw my hairstylist today, he said "You're really glowing, are you pregnant?"

3- Crossfit coach also told me my butt was looking good. It was a little weird, but I will take it.

Hahahah. My skin is looking the best it has in a while. No breakouts. Sleeping well. Been hungry a lot more the last week or so. I have added some almonds and had a little fruit a few times. I bet this is the cause. Digestion still not perfect, but mood is improved over the grumpies of last week. I think I will extend my 30 too, this weekend is the end! Maybe have a tiny bit of dark chocolate and a little wine, then go on another Whole30. This time, maybe my husband will join me!

Well, it is the end. And it was truly life changing, so really it's only the beginning! I'm sticking with this way of eating folks!

Day 31/1

Technically, I made it whole 28.5. I cheated at the end because I was on vacation with my dad for his birthday and really wanted to toast him with wine and celebrate with a little (ok a lot of) pie. Really these are the moments we should splurge in life so I have no guilt. I didn't know about this trip when I started and it probably would have just made me delay starting for another month and I would have missed the earlier benefits! And this cheat just reinforces how much better I had felt- Woke up the next morning with pimple on chin, headache and slept poorly. Workout that day was tough. Now that I know how much better I could feel, those side effects were noticeable! I really don't crave wine as much now that I know it makes me feel like hell the next

End of whole 30(28.5) assessment

7lbs lost

Almost no headaches

Clear, some would say glowing, skin

Better focus, concentration

Better energy

Better sleep

Less anxious/stressed/guilty feeling about eating and work and life in general

Goals for continued improvement

More control over cravings

More weight loss

More play and laughter

More strength and crossfit goals (double unders, pull ups, Rx )

More weekend food prep and new recipes

Last but not least, Get pregnant!!!

See you in the life after whole30 forum friends. Good luck and may the YUM be with you.

Taking Lynn's advice to post the compliments where I can see them....

Got another unsolicited one from a coworkers (Kashley, so I can remember later)- Megan you are looking so healthy! Is it the crossfit? I mean, you always seem healthy, but you look really good"

Maybe its crossfit, but I've been dong that 9 months and no one has said boo about it. Only 30 days of clean eating and suddenly big change.

This is awesome because I feel like my clothes fit the same post30 and that now I had lost my glow with my dads birthday cheat, thus it felt like a little magic was ruined. Guess not! Re motivated again!

Hooray!

ok, I've been eating about 80% paleo now and I'm concluding this is not enough. Magic seriously compromised. I'm writing this here so I can come back and remember: Here's what happens when I eat/drink non-paleo meal

Skin- a disaster, and then it takes so long to recover.

Energy- blah, tired

Sleeping- wake up a lot during night, unrested in the morning

Workouts- tough the next day or completely unmotivated and skipped

Mood- Guilt back,negative thoughts of all my good work undone.

Wine is the worst. Headaches back, skin issues, and morning allergies with congestion and runny nose.

Lots of business travel the next 6 weeks. I was thinking I wanted do a 2nd whole30 right after my first, but now I should wait until after all my travel and just try to be as close as I can. No drinking. Drinking leads to other poor choices. Got my soup on the stove and a fridge full of veggies. Let's do this.

Archived