Missed meals yesterday

Also, if it's normal any idea how long it take to get back to feeling less out of control. I did use to be like this pre challenge. And even though i had a crappy day, and did emotional eat a little too much of coconut cream- i did resist the candy that is still all around our house, as i am the only one doing the 30 days. So on that front i feel great.

First of all, total congratulations on resisiting the candy, you should be really proud for doing that. Secondly I started keeping a food diary specifically to see if I could tie up foods with moods. What I have found is not eating enough really affects me the next day. I don't have a toddler but there have been days when things have cropped up and, like you, I've had to skip meals. The next day, I've been grumpy, irritable, easily annoyed and way lacking in patience. A couple of days of making sure I get enough protein, fats and veggies, has put it right each time. Good luck, I'm sure things will improve, take care of yourself.

I would certainly say that your mood swings are coming from the fact that you missed meals. Also remember you are on day 12 and your body is still trying to make sense of this new way of eating for you. However, try and keep things that are easy for you to eat on the go handy for days like this. (Hard boiled eggs in the fridge, cans of compliant tuna, fruit, and nuts can really be good to have around in a pinch) This will help you not miss any meals and will prevent you from "emotionally eating" because we all know that can spiral out of control.

I am only on Day 11, but I missed some food the last two days for different reasons - my belly puffed up and I had no desire to eat, but still ate some. During my period of insomnia last night, I was definitely hungry and today I had all kinds of paleo flu symptoms that I did not get in week one. I am trying hard to remember what I learned last week and to cook enough protein and include enough fat. The veggies follow naturally for me. A walk outside also did some good and I think I may take another one in a bit.

I agree with having compliant stuff prepared. I have a few things on my shelf in the freezer and my basement has emergency fruits, nuts, coconut flakes, jerky, and Larabars. I don't want to use them freqently, but I have them if I need them. I'm also dehydrating veggies so that I have more choices.

Something you might try that I have done for sleep is to set alarms on your phone for mealtimes. If you can get to a good meal of protein, fat, and veggie in a reasonable amount of time, wait it out. If not, have one of your emergency foods that you have on hand.

Archived