Probiotic v2

Anna Hughes_6519

I'm on Day 20 of Whole30, but still having some intermittent digestive discomfort and still feeling tired even though I do seem to have more stamina (I had one day on Day 7 where I woke up feeling amazing, then it all seemed to start going backwards).

Anyway, I stopped taking all supplements (previously multivit, vit c, glucosamine and probiotic) for the Whole30 but now am wondering if I should reintroduce the probiotic?

This is the info for the one I used to take:

Nutritional Values:Typical values per capsule:

Probiotic Organisms 5 Billion CFU

providing

Lactobacillus acidophilus 75%

Bifidobacteria lactis 20%

Lactobacillus rhamnosus 5%

Ingredients:Probiotic Culture (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacteria lactis, Lactobacillus rhamnosus), Cellulose, Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), Capsule Shell (Hypromellose, Titanium Dioxide), Magnesium Stearate - of vegetable origin, Silica.

History: I cut out gluten about 2 years ago and took a stronger probiotic and digestive enzyme for about a year after that, at which point I felt I was pretty well on track. The problems I'm having now are nothing compared to when I was on gluten, but still enough to tell me my body isn't quite 'right'.

Not sure if this should go in troubleshooting instead, but in case it could be something in my diet, a typical day looks like:

Meal 1: 3 organic eggs baked with peppers, onion, olives, spinach. On weekends sometimes scrambled in EVOO with pear, cinnamon, ginger, cloves instead. Sometimes add ground free range beef to the bake.

Meal 2: almost always leftovers from dinners; sometimes baked sweet potato with tuna and homemade olive oil mayo

Meal 3: stew (free range/organic chicken or beef, homemade bone broth, carrot, swede, squash, onion, parsnip, cyder vinegar, seasoning); curry (approved curry paste, added spices, creamed coconut (no additives - 100% coconut), coconut oil, prawns, peppers, onions); prawns stir fried in coconut oil with spinach, peppers, onions, cauliflower rice; chilli (free range/organic pork, tinned tomatoes (no additives apart from citric acid), onions, celery, galric, spices, cauliflower rice, avocado, olives)

I try not to snack at all but if I do it tends to be cashews/macadamias maybe with a bit of fruit after (kiwi, lychee, pear, strawberry or mango) or avocado/olives. I probably end up having to do this 2-3 times a week.

Again sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place but any advice greatly appreciated as I'm starting to wonder when the 'magic' will happen (again) :)

I would definitely try adding the probiotic back in. It may help but it shouldn't hurt. Some digestive enzymes may help as well.

Have you tried adding in sauerkraut?

I don't know if you eat eggs everyday but some people can be sensitive to them (I am one). You could try either eliminating or rotating them from your diet.

Tricia

www.expatpaleo.com

I remembered once way back I did a test that suggested I might be sensitive to coconut, so I've stopped cooking in coconut oil. Early days but starting to feel better so fingers crossed it could be that.

I'd be absolutely gutted if it were eggs as they come from my own backyard flock!

Thanks for the help and I'll see how it goes....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived