Tyson Chicken phone rep is a big stinking LIAR

Moluv

I lost count of the days my little boys have been w30-ing but there was about a 10 day stretch where they were so happy and calm- they didn't have a SINGLE tantrum or act of aggression. Not one- believe me I was tracking it. Until the rice re-intro, which was 24 hours of parenting hell. Tantrums AND aggression I immediately got them back on w30 for a whole week- which seemed a little harder the second time, but things calmed down pretty quick and the kids had some pretty good days. Until Sunday, we ate lunch at my MIL house. I brought my own food but my husband and kids ate the Tyson non-breaded "all-natural" chicken strips. Not only did the baby whine the whole time about not getting to eat corn like everyone else, later that evening and for the next day, he was having tantrums and behaving aggressively again. So maybe this is a coincidence but I don't think so.

I went to Tysons website and they listed the ingredients as chicken and natural chicken broth- mind you- the front of the package says "injected with 15% broth". So I called Tyson to inquire a out that broth as well as what "industry standard" ingredients which Big Food has lobbied our government to allow those items to NOT BE LABELED. She was ready with a bunch of scripted drivel about "we make broth exactly how you would in your kitchen, with chicken and sea salt". I'm sorry lady, I make stock in a 10 quart LeCreuset, I doubt that's how it's done on a factory scale. I refrained from asking about their frankenchickens that grow so fat so fast they can't stand up.

I'll try to wind this rant down by saying DON'T BELIEVE THE FOOD INDUSTRY LABEL-LIE OF ALL NATURAL. If it comes in a package with a logo that has had millions a year spent on marketing alone, it's not natural. Injected chicken is not natural. Factory farming is not natural. And global scale food distribution IS NOT NATURAL.

I am pretty sure it is that company whose commercial I saw on TV where they advertise that their chickens are fed only soy, corn and other all natural ingredients. I actually hit rewind on my DVR becasue I couldn't believe they were advertising it! LOL hysterical that everyone thinks that's a good thing.

Totally agree with your rant and good for you for feeding your kids real food :)

It literally KILLS me that people are so disconnected from biology and agriculture that they don't know CHICKENS EAT BUGS. Those egg cartons that boast "100% vegetarian fed hens" like it's a good thing. *bangs head on wall*

• 4 weeks later...

Archived