Idea for a "treat" take out meal?

MamaD

I'm not talking about ice cream, pizza and cheeseburgers. I think it would be nice to be able to eat with my family for a meal one night or over the weekend. Are there any takeout or restaurant meals that would be compliant but would "feel" like a treat during these 30 days? Any and all suggestions welcomed!

We visited Chipotle on Sunday and were happy with our Carnitas salad. I have also studied the Panera Hidden Menu and I may have seen mention here that Olive Garden has compliant foods. There are some recent threads about Panera and Chipotle that may offer you mor einfo, but I'm not sure how to link them here.

We've been trying to find local places that might work. The one we might have started with uses soybean oil, so we're going to have to keep looking.

Eating out was a big treat!

The Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad at Panera from their secret menu is delicious! Their hidden menu is almost entirely whole30 safe.

I also second the vote for Chipotle. Their food is sourced from good places, just don't get their guac, it has dairy in it!

While the chicken at Panera has sugar in it according to previous threads, the guacamole at Chipotle is reportedly compliant (http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/special_diet_information/special_diet_information.aspx).

If you search for it on the internet, you will see it. I think it explains how to order. I think you tell the person taking your order that you will be ordering from the hidden menu. You will need to make some omissions, but it is really nice to eat something made by someone else every once in a while.

I think I also read that Olive Garden can keep thinks compliant.

I am at the point (day 70 of 100) that I go to whatever restaurant I want. I ask lots of questions. if it is a tough restaurant I call ahead. I make sure the server knows what I am asking and if the server doesn't know the answer I ask if they could talk to the kitchen. just make sure you ask! I love PF Chang because they are willing to work with you.

ask for steamed fish/veggies. get a burger with lettuce (just make sure their burger is 100% ground beef). bring your own condiments (I always bring mayo, mustard, and salt...I know...strange with the salt but I have a thing about it). I don't bring salad dressing because I'm not a huge salad person. ask if they can sautee your veggies in olive oil if they aren't able to steam.

just do your best! I spent the majority of my whole100 at home, but when I go out I just do my best.

ETA I always have an avocado in my bag when I go out...just in case!

Archived