CPK

Tveen

Hello everyone! I'm brand new here and have a family lunch today at California pizza kitchen. Has anyone had success at this restaurant? Does anyone know how they cook the chicken for the salads?

I'm planning on oil and vinegar for the dressings anyway, just worried about my protein! Thanks!

Tveen

Hey Tveen,

When I went to CPK, I asked for a house salad and then added a bunch of raw veggies to it and even some cut up apples. In addition, I asked for a side of avocado and a double order of dry-grilled shrimp. After speaking with the server, he alluded to the fact that they use some variety of vegetable or canola oil to cook, not olive oil... hence my decision for dry-grilled. My server was awesome and even had me look at the menu at the other salads to list what veggies and fruit I wanted to make sure the kitchen got it correct. Hope that helps! Good luck!

• 10 months later...

I had good luck there recently with a cedar plank roasted salmon.  I asked the server why it wasn't listed as gluten free as the description sounded straight forward--lime and paprika.  He checked and said there was a butter seasoning on it that wasn't gluten free and neither was the corn/spinach side dish.

He said they could do the salmon plain and give me steamed broccoli instead.  And the gave me plenty of lime.  It was a little overcooked but it worked.  

• 3 years later...

Archived