Moluv's IBS Protocol Long Haul

Moluv

Thanks for your support and perceptions Moluv. I like the way you look at eliminations. And you are right, it was very helpful for me to exclude nuts and coconut even for a week and for once clearly see the effect of a small to moderate amount on me. I am much less likely to indulge in the future now

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, so many people starting the AIP! I've been following it more or less for the last 90 days (except for that two-week period where my testing of foods brought on a chocolate bender). After scrutinizing my log, I'm pretty sure that the guilty party was either eggs or coconut at the time. Anyway, after 3 months of eliminating the AIP foods, I've been able to successfully re-introduce almond butter these last 4-5 days. So, the AIP really can help as far as gut recovery and being able to eat things again. I've been doing different elimination diets for 2 years, and it's the first one where I've been able to successfully re-intro a food. I'm taking it VERY slowly (intro-ing one type of nut at a time and in ground-up forms first), but so far, so good. :) Good luck!!

Thanks so much for all the support, encouragement and information today! I'm ecstatic about the progress I've made on the W30 and W30IBSP so far and about the progress I am about to make following the AIP. Since I am starting a new protocol, I am going to start a new food log chronicling that (hopefully with a little less melodramatic prose and more photos of meals)

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/8478-moluvs-aip/

and you can check out my instagram feed here:

http://instagram.com/moluvandheart

and add the #pleasurebelly tag to any of your photos that are strictly AIP approved :)

Wow, so many people starting the AIP! I've been following it more or less for the last 90 days (except for that two-week period where my testing of foods brought on a chocolate bender). After scrutinizing my log, I'm pretty sure that the guilty party was either eggs or coconut at the time. Anyway, after 3 months of eliminating the AIP foods, I've been able to successfully re-introduce almond butter these last 4-5 days. So, the AIP really can help as far as gut recovery and being able to eat things again. I've been doing different elimination diets for 2 years, and it's the first one where I've been able to successfully re-intro a food. I'm taking it VERY slowly (intro-ing one type of nut at a time and in ground-up forms first), but so far, so good. :) Good luck!!

It is so wonderful to hear that the restriction phase really is worth it! That makes it all worth it Mary-T!!! Thanks for sharing and I hope you will check in from time to time on my AIP log.

Archived