Starting 4/1 whos in?

Sciuga

Emily S, if you can't toot your own horn here, where can you? No one else REALLY gets what a big deal it is to stick with this, nor do they REALLY understand how amazing we can feel! I had the weirdest dream last night, and part of it was that I totally forgot that I was doing a W30 and ate a cruller! So random. Woke up so thankful that I didn't have to start over :)

I have been praising the W30 to anyone who will listen. I am sure that most people think that I'm nuts, but that's nothing new ;) My sister-in-law was recently diagnosed with Menier's and needs to eat a low sodium diet, and has also read that it's important to stabilize her insulin. She also suffers from anxiety. I am BEGGING her to start a W30, and have even offered to loan her my ISWF. She keeps saying that she will read about it, but who knows if that will actually happen? I just want everyone to feel as great as I do!

The biggest change for me has been my mood...no highs and lows, calm and really happy! I also feel that my clothes are fitting better in just over a week. I have broken out just a bit, but that's mostly gone now. I generally sleep well, but had started waking up at about 5 am every morning...no more. I also had nights sweats for the past few months. Haven't had one since I started the W30. I do need to really get back to the gym. Since I'm eating so well, and feel great, I'm not feeling the "I need to go to the gym to burn off that cake I ate" guilt. Also, working in the time to cook and eat a decent breakfast befor work has taken some adjustments to my routine. What I've cut out is the gym, so that has to change. Otherwise, no negatives whatsoever! I ate breakfast at 11 today, and at about 4 I had to force myself to eat lunch at work so that I'd get my 3 meals in...I just wasn't hungry. CRAZY!!

LOL, my first Whole30 I had a dream I had milk I believe and I had forgotten I was on the Whole30, I felt so mad because I had to start over.....I was SO glad it was a dream and a healthy way to make me realize I did NOT want to go off it. I'm now reaping the awesome benefits second time around and feeling amazing! I too tell everyone that wants to listen about it, my best friend and her husband are reading the book now and I believe they are going to start. I just get so excited when someone jumps aboard, I tell everyone just do it for 30 days and if you don't like it or don't feel good, then carry on with your old ways....I bet they like it :) I have 3 friends doing it now and 2 out of 3 are sold, the other isn't quite hooked (yet) but it's only day 10, takes some a little longer.

I want to workout again too (6 weeks ago had knee surgery) so yes I can work out again but I'm mostly having a time issue.(especially with grocery shopping and food prep - it's time consuming but fun! I ran 3 miles Sunday and it felt amazing, now want to throw some weights around and tone up for the summer....I say it out loud, maybe it will make me do it :rolleyes:

GOOD LUCK ALL!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started having the "food guilt" dreams last night...a la "Inception" style...craaaaaazy stuff.

I did the thing the book tells you not to, and I weighed myself yesterday at the gym. 177! I have been working to get to my pre-baby weigt of 175 for the past 18 months and I am almost there.

While 175 isn't an optimal weight, it is a great benchmark to keep me motivated. I didn't start the Whole 30 for weight loss, I felt like I had that under control with my workouts, but it certainly is a nice by-product. I have NEVER stuck to any lifestyle change for more than 3 days. My biggest success is not the weight loss, but the fact that I am actually sticking to something, something that is good for me and my family.

Anyone dealing with acne break outs and GI discomfort?

Hello DAY 10!!! :) Gosh. I cannot believe we are already a third of the way through this thing (for those of us doing the regular Whole30)...I'm really starting to think that once this thing ends, instead of going on an absolute binge, I might just have some wine and go out with my friends...but I'm kind of dreading it :| is anyone else feeling this way? As in, eating like this has truly opened your eyes, and you kind of don't even want to go try adding foods back in...That sounds crazy, but as of Day 10, that's just how I'm feeling. Haha! I do have a confession, but I do not think it is grounds to start over. I had a mint yesterday...Came home and my roommate was out on the porch, (again with the gorgeous weather) and I had eaten my chicken and sweet potato lunch earlier. I felt like my breath was kickin and just mindlessly grabbed a mint (it was a Starbucks mint, smaller than a dime mind you)...Didn't think anything of it until later when I got back from errands and went to grab another one (they're sitting on our porch) and stopped mid grasp and instantly felt like I had killed someone's brand new puppy!!! I froze, my roommate said my face turned red, and I put the mint tin back down and felt so ashamed. Hahahaha I guess lesson learned.

Jury, does this warrant a start over??? 1 mint?? Be honest with me. I really don't feel like it does though.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and happy double digits <3

I feel the same way! I have a work celebration scheduled May 8 at my favorite bar to clelebrate my successful completion of my "probation" (yea government jobs!). I LOVE a Mango mojito.... Bit after reading the section of ISWF pertaining to alcohol and adding in foods. I'm petrified that I'll binge and loose all the good ground I've gained. EEEK!

I wouldn't start over for a mindless mint, especially since you caught yourself the second time and felt guilty. And I do believe in following the program as written. Last night I had to pick cranberries out a dish before I could eat it because I forgot they have added sugar and I didn't want even one on my plate.

I started having the "food guilt" dreams last night...a la "Inception" style...craaaaaazy stuff.

I did the thing the book tells you not to, and I weighed myself yesterday at the gym. 177! I have been working to get to my pre-baby weigt of 175 for the past 18 months and I am almost there.

While 175 isn't an optimal weight, it is a great benchmark to keep me motivated. I didn't start the Whole 30 for weight loss, I felt like I had that under control with my workouts, but it certainly is a nice by-product. I have NEVER stuck to any lifestyle change for more than 3 days. My biggest success is not the weight loss, but the fact that I am actually sticking to something, something that is good for me and my family.

Anyone dealing with acne break outs and GI discomfort?

I know what you mean about feeling successful just for sticking with this thing! I feel the same way. I was telling my husband and kids last night that I'm quite sure this is the longest in my LIFE I've ever been without the things I'm without right now. Twice last week I was making my husband food that I can't have, and I typically taste it before it's done to make sure I have the seasonings right, but I wouldn't even taste test it. He rolled his eyes but I said, "I'm NOT cheating at ALL!" ;) Don't ask me where all this dedication came from, because I've never had it before! LOL!

And, yes, I am having some skin breakouts (although it's also nearing TOM) and still having some gas and off and on diarrhea. The bloating is better and the rest has decreased since I started the Digestive Enzymes, though. I'm hoping it will continue to improve.

I must admit today I've felt a little pouty about "not getting to eat my normal" stuff. Probably because I'm out of all my good food I had prepared last week and last weekend. So, making steak and salad tonight and planning to make stuffed peppers tomorrow night. I'll have to figure out some more recipes to make this weekend for next week. That definitely helps! It's nice to know there's plenty of yummy food waiting for me whenever I get hungry!

Went to the grocery store and almost bought a big container of "Dry roasted without oil mixed nuts". So glad I read the ingredients as they contained vegetable oil and wheat starch. Ugh. Not only is it non-compliant but I am gluten intolerant so would have been pretty unhappy after eating those, also I am trying to avoid snacking on nuts so this was probably for the best.

On a happier note, I bought 6 cans of Aroy D coconut milk and silently judged the other shoppers for all of the soft drinks and junk food they were buying. Ok, not really but I was pretty happy to buy all of that coconut milk.

Hello DAY 10!!! :) Gosh. I cannot believe we are already a third of the way through this thing (for those of us doing the regular Whole30)...I'm really starting to think that once this thing ends, instead of going on an absolute binge, I might just have some wine and go out with my friends...but I'm kind of dreading it :| is anyone else feeling this way? As in, eating like this has truly opened your eyes, and you kind of don't even want to go try adding foods back in...That sounds crazy, but as of Day 10, that's just how I'm feeling. Haha! I do have a confession, but I do not think it is grounds to start over. I had a mint yesterday...Came home and my roommate was out on the porch, (again with the gorgeous weather) and I had eaten my chicken and sweet potato lunch earlier. I felt like my breath was kickin and just mindlessly grabbed a mint (it was a Starbucks mint, smaller than a dime mind you)...Didn't think anything of it until later when I got back from errands and went to grab another one (they're sitting on our porch) and stopped mid grasp and instantly felt like I had killed someone's brand new puppy!!! I froze, my roommate said my face turned red, and I put the mint tin back down and felt so ashamed. Hahahaha I guess lesson learned.

Jury, does this warrant a start over??? 1 mint?? Be honest with me. I really don't feel like it does though.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and happy double digits <3

Hi there - I asked a moderator about your question, her reply below. I also asked because I had a piece of gum without thinking and wanted to know :

From Kirsteen: The W30 is an exclusion diet for 30 days. You exclude certain foodstuffs and then you really see how your body reacts when you reintroduce them. Obviously if you don't exclude them totally, you won't be getting the full benefit of the 30 days.

However if someone doesn't know gum is excluded and has a piece, or forgets and has a mint (though that is a bit harder to do :)) would I say start over - personally no, I'd say carry on with my usual proviso that if at the end of your 30 days, you're not satisfied with your results then add on that number of days 'til you've had a clean W30.

However, I'm sure you can see that's a tad different from someone saying 'Oh I'll just have one piece of gum or one mint or one whatever, it won't matter' which is why I'd rather address the original post, especially as you're probably not the only one wondering :).

cheers

Kirsteen

I had a mint yesterday...Came home and my roommate was out on the porch, (again with the gorgeous weather) and I had eaten my chicken and sweet potato lunch earlier. I felt like my breath was kickin and just mindlessly grabbed a mint

Hi, just found your post. Now presuming there's nothing really nasty in the mint and you didn't have a terrible reaction to it, I'd agree with you. I wouldn't start over just call it a lesson learned. Having read your post, you obviously didn't wilfully decide you were going to have that mint, it was obviously just force of habit. Just one of the habits W30 will help you break :). For what it's worth, chewing a sprig of mint or a sprig of parsley is a great breath freshener. good luck with the rest of your W30

Edited to add if you ask a question like this in a really large thread like this it may well get lost. it's absolutely brilliant you're all being so supportive of each other but any questions like this will probably get a quicker answer if you start a thread in either Can i have, Food and Drink, or Troubleshooting W30 forums. again good luck all

Hi, just found your post. Now presuming there's nothing really nasty in the mint and you didn't have a terrible reaction to it, I'd agree with you. I wouldn't start over just call it a lesson learned. Having read your post, you obviously didn't wilfully decide you were going to have that mint, it was obviously just force of habit. Just one of the habits W30 will help you break :). For what it's worth, chewing a sprig of mint or a sprig of parsley is a great breath freshener. good luck with the rest of your W30

Edited to add if you ask a question like this in a really large thread like this it may well get lost. it's absolutely brilliant you're all being so supportive of each other but any questions like this will probably get a quicker answer if you start a thread in either Can i have, Food and Drink, or Troubleshooting W30 forums. again good luck all

Y'all, thanks so much for looking into the mint fiasco for me!! It is much appreciated. Day 11 completed successfully :) Side note: I have moved the mints into my roommate's bedroom (they're her's anyway!) just so I don't waltz up and grab one not thinking. Doubt I could do that again though after shaming myself this last time haha! Dinner was delicious tonight. I made the crockpot Whole30 chili again. YUM! Hope everyone is doing wonderful, and y'all have a very happy Friday tomorrow.

-Ashley

• Moderators

Happy Day 8! I had a dinner meeting for work today, my first sort of challenge since starting my W30. I looked at the online menu ahead of time, and saw that the restaurant had plenty of options for me :) It was a Meditteranean restaurant, so I had to skip the hummus, baba ganush and pita, but I was ok with that because, even though I'd eaten lunch about 5 hours earlier, I WASN'T STARVING!! I ordered pan-seared chilean sea bass with a red pepper sauce, artichokes, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers and tomatoes. It was delicious. I'm wondering if there might have been a tiny bit of cream in the sauce, but I'm pretty sure it was just crushed red pepper and olive oil...next time I'll know to ask that question. The steamed cauliflower tasted slightly of butter, although the steamed broccoli did not, so again, I'm hoping there was no butter added. My meal came with a salad and I made sure that the dressing was just lemon, oil and vinegar, and asked that no cheese be added...points to me there :) I also had seltzer with lemon, which it turns out I love...who knew???

Overall, I am very happy with how dinner went. I had a delicious dinner, tried a type of fish I'd never had, passed on some appetizers I normally would've eaten, and left feeling very satisfied, but not uncomfortably stuffed.

Sauces are almost always a bad choice during a Whole30 because almost every sauce will include dairy or sugar or both.

• Moderators

I just finished reading the It Starts With Food book last night. I liked it, but I wish it would've addressed those of us who would like to transition from our Whole30 to a version of Whole30 that will assist with weight loss in a healthy way. I expected that info to be in the chapter on "Fine Tuning for Special Populations", so I was a bit disappointed when it wasn't addressed. I did like the suggestions for reintroduction of foods, I'm just not sure how I see myself eating 60 days from now without blowing the good stuff I'm doing for my body now, and without restricting myself so severely forever. Thoughts?

My comments here are in part a response to the quoted material, but includes my thoughts after reading through dozens of posts in this topic/thread.

The standard issue Whole30 is designed to assist with weight loss in a healthy way. If you are fat and you follow the Whole30 program as written, you will lose fat. There is no such thing as a health version of the Whole30 and a weight loss version of the Whole30, there is just the Whole30. Unfortunately, 1000s of people come to the Whole30 with strong beliefs about how to lose weight and they "adjust" what they do during a Whole30 because they think they will improve their experience OR that their small cheats don't really matter. Their strong beliefs are wrong and they miss out on the full benefits of following the program as written.

We moderators get testy about it sometimes because we see people making the same bad decisions over and over again. (Alright, I am the most testy of all) I am amazed at how frequently I find myself coaxing participants to follow the guidelines as written instead of adjusting the Whole30 to fit what they find comfortable or to coincide with their preconceived ideas about what is best.

Doing a Whole365 is not a reasonable or sensible goal for a variety of reasons, but eating the Whole30 way maximizes our health. My personal goal is to eat as close to the Whole30 way as possible without stressing myself out by avoiding all restaurant food or occasional treats. In practice that means I eat something off plan once or twice per week. That doesn't mean I eat pizza and beer once per week, but I do eat at Indian or Thai restaurants where there is dairy or sugar in the sauces. Last week I was traveling and I went to a steak house where I ordered steak and lobster and grilled asparagus and green beans. The veggies were grilled with butter, but I did not worry about it. I have gone a year at a time without coming across a dessert that I thought was good enough for me, but last month I ate dessert three times because the pie at Greenwood's on Green Street in Roswell, GA was worth it. Over the past year, my guess is that I ate Whole30-compliant about 95 percent of the time. I think 90-95 percent compliant on an ongoing basis is a reasonable goal. I think the common 80/20 rule is far from good enough and compromises our health too much.

Speaking of percentages, the Whole30 demands 100 percent compliance for good reason. Little cheats stop you from experiencing the full benefits of the program and everyone needs to know what the full benefits of clean eating feels like for at least 30 days. I liked that feeling so much when I started, that I did not eat anything off plan for 4 months. You can make a better decision about choosing to eat something off plan when you know what you are giving up when you do. If you have never felt the magic, you are just guessing about how much eating any particular thing might matter and you are too likely to short-change yourself.

First a complaint and then a success:

Maybe it's just hormones, but I'm exhausted. I'm finally sleeping through the night, which is fantastic, but I feel drugged in the morning and can't get moving. Then I'm tired all day. I keep waiting to hit the "wow, I feel great!" phase, and it hasn't come yet.

The success is that this has been a very stressful, emotional week (found out I'm not pregnant after much trying), and as much as I wanted to bury myself in chocolate, I didn't. Last night my friend (who doesn't know I'm doing this) brought me a bag of Cadbury mini eggs. I put them in the freezer. Maybe I should have thrown them out, but they're my very favorite. Right now all I want to do is go get gelato, and I'm not going to. It's been hard not having the option of sweets, but it's made me realize how much I had relied on sugar for stress relief.

Maybe I need to go for a walk or exercise some other way to pull me out of this funk.

I've been a lifetime member at Weight Watchers for 3.5 years, and still go to meetings every week. I've been a bit over my goal, so last week I had to weigh-in and pay (because I was more than 2 lbs over.) That meant that I had to weigh-in today also. Before I got on the scale, I asked the woman weighing me not to tell me anything other than whether or not I had to pay. My leader, who knows I'm doing the W30, was also looking at the scale reading, because she was curious. I could tell by the way their eyes opened wide and their mouths dropped open that I had lost a lot (I kind of knew anyway, because of the way my clothes fit.) Anyway, the woman blurted out, "You lost 4.6 lbs! You are back at goal and don't have to pay!" I was shocked! I didn't want to know, but after she told me I was, of course, SO happy! That means that I lost 4.6 lbs in my second week, so who knows how much I've lost total. I haven't looked at my weight book, so I don't know what the numbers are, but I'm very, very happy. Because I'm back at goal now, I won't have to weigh-in again until May, so I can get through the rest of my W30 without stepping on the scale.

I can't believe that this is Day 12! I am amazed at how I am whipping up healthy, delicious meals, quickly, and with whatever I have in the house. I am NOT a cook, so any cooking is impressive to me, but the other night I defrosted some chicken breasts I'd had in there for awhile, cut them up and cooked them with coconut aminos, and ate that with a baked sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon, and cucumber slices, seasoned with lemon juice, EVOO, salt, pepper and chili powder. A delicious, healthy meal, and I finally got rid of that chicken :)

Have a great weekend!

Help needed! I haven't seen my aunt in almost 2 years and she is coming into town from Alaska. The family is going out to eat tonight at the Shell House in Savannah. I've been there tons of time but I don't think I've ever eaten anything Whole30 compliant (think lots of butter, potato salad, and key lime pie). Hahaha! I really don't want to screw this up tonight, so I was thinking of getting the boiled shrimp that comes with 2 sides..well, thing is, the only compliant side would be green beans. The others are things like red beans and rice, grits, stuff like that. Would the shrimp and green beans be okay, and just make sure they don't put regular butter on anything?? And I'm about 99.9% sure using cocktail sauce is out because I can only imagine all the crazy ingredients they use in it.

Any feedback?? Thanks, y'all!

Ashley

P.S. Send the good vibes my way because I know I'm gonna be hearing crap about how I'm not ordering "normal food" and "Oh Ashley, I'm only in town for a little while! You can't just splurge one night?! Have a drink with me!!" Hahaha! I'll just really need to hold my ground, and I'll do it nicely.

Help needed!

P.S. Send the good vibes my way because I know I'm gonna be hearing crap about how I'm not ordering "normal food" and "Oh Ashley, I'm only in town for a little while! You can't just splurge one night?! Have a drink with me!!" Hahaha! I'll just really need to hold my ground, and I'll do it nicely.

Sometimes when I want to opt out of drinking I'll say I've taken some otc painkillers for a headache and don't want to mix alcohol and medication.

A bit of a set back yesterday and today. I went crazy on a bag of trail mix because I was starving when I got home from work. i didn't have my usual starch carbs for lunch that day, but tried to have more green veggies, protein and fat. Clearly I got the proportions wrong.

Today I almost fell off the wagon because I had a scary altercation with a homeless man near my house. Really wanted to have some candy and a good cry after that but I resisted. I bought some pistachios instead but am fighting the urge to rip open the bag and dig in as this is clearly an emotional response.

I have that party tonight. I plan to make baba ganoush and avocado (if they are ripe enough) I got some multi- colour carrots, bell pepper,mini cucumber and snap peas to go with the dips. I will force everyone to eat healthy appetizers if its the last thing I do....

My comments here are in part a response to the quoted material, but includes my thoughts after reading through dozens of posts in this topic/thread.

The standard issue Whole30 is designed to assist with weight loss in a healthy way. If you are fat and you follow the Whole30 program as written, you will lose fat. There is no such thing as a health version of the Whole30 and a weight loss version of the Whole30, there is just the Whole30. Unfortunately, 1000s of people come to the Whole30 with strong beliefs about how to lose weight and they "adjust" what they do during a Whole30 because they think they will improve their experience OR that their small cheats don't really matter. Their strong beliefs are wrong and they miss out on the full benefits of following the program as written.

We moderators get testy about it sometimes because we see people making the same bad decisions over and over again. (Alright, I am the most testy of all) I am amazed at how frequently I find myself coaxing participants to follow the guidelines as written instead of adjusting the Whole30 to fit what they find comfortable or to coincide with their preconceived ideas about what is best.

Doing a Whole365 is not a reasonable or sensible goal for a variety of reasons, but eating the Whole30 way maximizes our health. My personal goal is to eat as close to the Whole30 way as possible without stressing myself out by avoiding all restaurant food or occasional treats. In practice that means I eat something off plan once or twice per week. That doesn't mean I eat pizza and beer once per week, but I do eat at Indian or Thai restaurants where there is dairy or sugar in the sauces. Last week I was traveling and I went to a steak house where I ordered steak and lobster and grilled asparagus and green beans. The veggies were grilled with butter, but I did not worry about it. I have gone a year at a time without coming across a dessert that I thought was good enough for me, but last month I ate dessert three times because the pie at Greenwood's on Green Street in Roswell, GA was worth it. Over the past year, my guess is that I ate Whole30-compliant about 95 percent of the time. I think 90-95 percent compliant on an ongoing basis is a reasonable goal. I think the common 80/20 rule is far from good enough and compromises our health too much.

Speaking of percentages, the Whole30 demands 100 percent compliance for good reason. Little cheats stop you from experiencing the full benefits of the program and everyone needs to know what the full benefits of clean eating feels like for at least 30 days. I liked that feeling so much when I started, that I did not eat anything off plan for 4 months. You can make a better decision about choosing to eat something off plan when you know what you are giving up when you do. If you have never felt the magic, you are just guessing about how much eating any particular thing might matter and you are too likely to short-change yourself.

Thank you so much for the reply. What you say makes sense, regarding doing the Whole30 for health vs. weight loss. And your description of how you live your life was exactly what I was looking for- Just a suggestion of how to LIVE this way, after the 30 days are gone. Several times in the book it says that this isn't intended to be a Whole365, which, I guess, was what threw me. Every other "diet" plan I've ever been on, tells you to do "x,y,z" for the rest of your life. This one talks about reintroducing the things you cut out for 30 days, then.... what? So, that's why I had the questions. But it's great to hear that you eat this way most of the time, but still allow for the occasional treat.

Guess I'll have to figure out exactly what my path will be... So far, day 13 and not a single cheat!

Happy Day 14. We are nearly done with a full TWO WEEKS of this awesomeness! I survived and thrived at last night's seafood dinner. Ordered steamed crab legs (sans dipping butter) and green beans. Drank ice water since I didn't know what the deal was with their unsweet iced tea. Wanted to play it safe. Ended up spending the night with my grandmother. Woke up this morning and made an omelet with leftovers from last night. 3 eggs, boiled shrimp, and also, they had sausage (real life awesome sausage, not the store bought, yellow foam bottom, shrink-wrapped stuff) there last night and gramma had a link of it saved so i cut it into little circle slices and put it in the omelet. DELICIOUS! With a cup of black coffee and a small apple, I was fully satisfied. Hope everyone is having a happy weekend :)

I'm off to eat some lunch and get all this homework finished <3 Happy eating, y'all.

-Ashley

Great job all!! Especially being honest and putting questions and struggles out there for all of us. It makes me think about what I'm doing, why I'm doing it and what I REALLY want to get out of this. It's nice to see people going to group events and sticking to it't not always easy, NICE JOB!

I made an Italian Pork Butt in the crock pot for 15 hours from "The Clothes Make The Girl" website, AMAZING!!

It's great in everything I make or simply plain. I still can't believe how much this program makes me "feel" better, clear, sleep much better, zero headaches, full of energy (most of the time) and simply a better outlook on life! I seriously can see this as a lifestyle, I just hope I can smash the sugar dragon completely....that's another story....

Half way through, congrats to all!! WOOHOO!

I had a dream last night about opening a Whole30 and Paleo food truck :-) so I think I am doing well two weeks in. I am enjoying all the dishes I am cooking, using a new cookbook each week, sleeping better, having more energy all day and no more bloat. The scale isn't making me ecstatic, but I was doing diety things before and then a neat whatever diet right before doing this, so I am hoping my body just needs another week or so to sort itself out. I do plan to remain fairly compliant after the 30 days. I have never gone this long without food guilt/shame or uncontrollable cravings. For the first time I feel in control of what goes in my belly. I don't want to lose this feeling.

How's everyone doing!??! It's Day 17, are you all hanging in there? I'm struggling with portions lately since I can't eat what I want, I'm eating too much sometimes. Last night I had the salmon cakes from the book and they are delicious but I made the homemade mayo & tartar sauce and I'm quite sure I ate too much. Had a stomach ache and indigestion all night :( Hopefully portion size doesn't constitute starting over......

Hope you are all well, anyone find any super great recipes to share!??! Oh the Almond Poached Pears with Raspberry Cream Sauce in the book are also very delicious!

Hi there!! And I was thinking the message board has been kinda quiet the past two days. Strange! Hope everyone is kicking booty and enjoying the downhill slide of this Whole30. I found a salad dressing recipe I just cannot keep to myself. Orange poppyseed!

http://www.foodlushblog.com/2013/01/orange-poppyseed-dressing-paleo-and-whole30-approved.html

Super simple, and Oh my GOODNESS! So good. I used it last night with a shrimp salad. then again today with just a regular salad and ended up dipping my fish in it. and as I type, I am marinating some chicken breast tenders in it to throw on the grill in about 2 hours (along with a yummy sweet potato for a nice post-crossfit meal).

Got another weekend coming up soon. Stay strong, and remember why we're doing this <3

-Ashley

Archived