Sick and off track

Hey all, this is my first post but have been lurking for 28 days. Unfortunately on Tuesday Passover took me off track. I had matzoh, wine and dessert. By Wednesday I was in agony with stomach pains. Since Wednesday I've been unable to eat anything really without getting sick to my stomach. I thought it was possibly gluten intolerance at first, but after 3 days I think it's a virus.

I've tried just bone broth, scrambled eggs, plain sweet potatoes, boiled chicken breast. Nothing is staying in me.

My husband finally begged me to eat some rice porridge with a little honey this morning for breakfast. I was starving and weak.

Now of course I'm starting to feel a tad better but I'm way off track and afraid I've lost steam! The porridge and honey tasted so good.

And to make it worse I was 26 days in to my first Whole30.

How do I regain steam while still sick?

Thanks!

Kristine

• Moderators

I'm sorry you are sick. Just get better and then start another Whole30 when you are well. That doesn't mean you should eat badly, just don't worry about it for now. I got sick about a month ago and had to take antibiotics to start getting better. There is some nasty stuff going around.

Right there with you all! There is some nasty stuff going around and it's lingering in our house! I am utterly exhausted and sick of being sick. Made myself get off the couch today and scrubbed my house from top to bottom. Washed every surface, vacuumed every inch of the house-even under the beds and couch. Washed the dog bed, the curtains, replaced toothbrushes, disinfected the doorknobs....can't think of anything else to clean, so that better be enough to get this bus outta my house!

Archived