90 meals to better health

No leftovers LOL... And being a bit more careful with my fat portions....

Actually a lot of my meals I make in bulk... Half a kilo of meat plus lots of veg, and whatever fat, usually a few tablespoons. Sometime this ends up as four meals, sometimes only three but really it could stretch to five quite easily as I am only a small person and I often like to have a piece of fruit with breakfast as well and a small salad with lunch.....

Thanks for being interested Carrie.

Hi Juzbo, just popping in to say you're doing great. I really like the idea of 90 meals.

As an aside, I just figured out this past week that I'm reacting to "allergen-free" chocolate. All this time, I've been thinking it was nuts, seeds, eggs, etc., and it may have been my "safe chocolate" all along. My symptoms were itchy skin, and over time digestive issues (bloating, diarrhea, etc.). So, food for thought....

Keep on keeping on!

Wow guys, thanks for adding your perspective, really helpful. I sort of knew coffee and cocoa were fodmaps but am only just learning about the cross reactivity..... I will experiment. Interestingly I started itching again this morning while sweating at my gym class so something is going on.. I do still think it is food related, the sweating itch is probably like a secondary reaction, as is itching right now while I am having breakfast... Chicken and tomato soup...pretty mild

Thank you very much for the article Nadia! I was always puzzled by why I developed a district milk protein sensitivity after I completed a clinical trial for nonceliac gluten intolerance.. They used whey protein to replace gluten in the baseline test And my main initial reaction was itching. Years earlier when I had the coeliac blood tests either my iGa or iGg was off the scale, biopsy was okay though.

I don't tolerate most gluten free grains and I suspect tapioca too. Not sure about corn or rice. I might test these. I find it easy to avoid rice now but I like corn as a vege and popcorn. I was sick when I reintro d corn chips after my whole30 and bbqd corn on the cob I had last week went right through me. The popcorn I had the week earlier seemed okay.

I struggle with yeast based foods too and I sometimes wonder about potato....

The biggest unknown for me is eggs... I haven't really tested, maybe I should. Just remembered that my first ever allergy testing pinned wheat, rye, eggs and oranges..... The egg reaction went away after 9 months, never lost the wheat and rye reaction.

I need to retest coffee and cocoa but now I know to exclude eggs and corn and potato at the same time! My scalp rash has flared and it is probably due to too much coffee and cocoa but it is not just this as I have excluded before but didnt improve as much as I was expecting which is why I haven't knocked it out completely.

I guess potato means sweet potato too?

If it is cross reactivity it will explain my weight gain as that was my second main symptom... I wonder if a blood test for iGg and iGa would help?

Anyway I am sitting here itching like crazy now after having eggs and coffee.... So as soon as I have used up my egg dishes I will exclude eggs... And no more coffee from today and this time I mean it

It's pretty hard for me to test one product at a time too. Sometimes your body will show a reaction 2-3 days after you've consumed irritant. Eggs - reaction 100%. I am ok with yolks, but buying a whole carton for yolks only. No thanks. Let's go strong and ditch coffee. It gives obvious reaction and it's a proven fact. Every time I feel like I am jumping on the garden racks full force with it.

Sweet potatoes belong to a different botanical family as I recall. Stem tubers vs root tubers or similar. I guess that if they were same, sweet potatoes would be included to the nightshades list.

Feel better soon!

Thanks Nadia, re potatoes, I thought about that re nightshades, but tapioca and sweet potato are both yams? Starchy roots? So I thought they might be connected that way?

I am going to recheck my food log from my first whole30 as I lost weight quickly in the first week and don't think I had much if any cocoa, coffee, eggs or sweet potato....

The coffee has left the building! I might just finish off my cocoa supply. It is nearly all gone and the only way to properly resist is to not have it in the cupboard at work or home and not buy anymore LOL

7 hours sleep... Need more

6km run

M37 chicken mince and veg, coffee.... Itching... Definitely coffee

M38 salad, beef burger, sweet potato, grapes

M39 steak, veges, dried fruit, boiled egg, cocoa..... Itching... Hmm I think it's the egg not the cocoa as I had some cocoa at work without itching

8 hours sleep

M43 blueberries with coconut milk, last of the chicken mince then a bit later some nuts and dried fruit... Destructive behaviour here... I have reacted to the coconut so figured I would buy and eat some nuts also...... No coffee today and no more eggs or coconut or cocoa or potato from now on... Brain is really wanting coffee...... But I will be strong!

M44 lots of bits and pieces, not a proper meal.. Nuts, fruit, celery, tomato, popcorn!

M45 soup, watermelon, chicken

We all sound like a bunch of broken records with trying to figure out what is the trouble food. And of course it's always the last remaining "treat" food- coffee, chocolate, coconut....sometimes I pretend for a couple days that I can eat certain things and not be bothered but I lie to myself and the reaction catches up to me sooner or later. I hope you find out the answers you need Juzbo. Best of luck. Or, best of eating I should say!

Thanks Michelle, at least a day like today reinforces that it is worth avoiding the trigger foods....my stomach is very unhappy right now

I know when I'm suffering I say "never again" but once I'm feeling good for a while I rationalize "I'm healed, ______ won't hurt me this time" BUT IT ALWAYS DOES. I went back and forth with gluten like this for a year before I kicked it once as for all. Then I did the same thing with non-gluten grains for months before W30 showed me I can live without them. But now I'm doing it with all the AIP eliminated foods. Even though I make some choices that aren't good for me I just focus on the place of loving myself no matter what choice I made, or what it did to my gut or my skin, or if I'm bloated or whatever I just love love love myself and I know that I am moving imperceptibly to a place where the excellent choices always prevail over the less than ideal choices.

Since you like to drink cocoa and it irritates either because it is a seed or because it gluten cross reactive (or both) I wonder if drinking a decoction (like a tea) from the beans would give you the flavor without actually ingesting the seed. In the us it's called brewing chocolate or there is a brand called CrioBrew I think.

Thanks Michelle, you are right, gradual progress even though its hard to see sometimes. I can now be 100% gluten free, no exceptions, not even the occasional sneaked biscuit or treat at work for a couple of years now. And the same for dairy for about six months. My skin improved quite a bit on my initial whole30 so I think I can find the key there with a bit of persistence. Thanks for the reminder about criobrew, I looked it up once, haven't found it here yet but cocoa nibs are sold here so will look further

Halfway through my 90 meals, going to count 1-45 again though...because its easier

Started off with ten hours sleep

M1 a big bowl of vege soup and two slices of bacon

Yoga class

Post WO raw carrot and a small piece of chicken plus a cup of tea

M2 lamb and salad, watermelon

M3 tuna, mince, tomato, blueberries, cucumber, Brazil nuts

Looking forward to these inflammation aches going away..... Bit sore from yoga too...

About 9 hours sleep, raining so didnt go for a run

M4 mince in soup

M5 tuna salad and fruit

Oops snack of dried fruit and nuts and sesame snaps at a work shop

M6 chicken veg stir fry, a few mouthfuls of wine

Piloxing class, post WO baked chicken, ghee

Archived