Sweet Cravings

I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but I've never been good at "searching" on forums.

How do you cope with sweet cravings? They haven't been too strong yet, and I've just been too stubborn to give in so far.

I also know brushing your teeth helps.

What else? Feel free to share links of other threads that apply.

for me they tend to come and go today is day 16(i think) and i am really wanting something sweet Onething that helps me is a cup o f good earth organic herbal sweet and spicy tea...it is really good....it ' s gonna take a good long time (if ever) for me to not crave sugar..so right now i am focused on the whole 30 and being complient...

I am a major sugar addict and when I started I went from ground zero (there wasn't a single meal during the day where I didn't eat something sweet after...or for the entire meal i.e. cookies for breakfast) and for me I just had to sit through them. it was a huge wake up call for me to simply feel the feelings, acknowledge that I really really really wanted something sweet, and then remind myself that at this moment I get to make a choice. the hardest for me was evening when everyone went to bed and I would normally sneak downstairs to forage. it is so much easier for me now and I know that I can ride the craving out if need be (we just went to Monterey and while my husband and daughter's ate hot fudge sundaes and chocolate malts I just sat and enjoyed their company...totally completely strange). I am on day 95? 96? of a whole100 and it did take me a good 60 days to get here. some days it's harder than others.

A tip I was given years ago was that if you were really craving something sweet, have a mouthful of something really sour instead, a pickle if you can find compliant ones or even a teaspoonful of vinegar in a little water. This can sometimes really help get rid of the craving. Someone else said a spoonful of plain coconut oil can help.

Another tip I was taught to help specific cravings is this. First identify something that really, really disgusts you, it might be slime, dog poop, someone's vomit, the very worst thing you can think off. Then, whenever you crave say an ice cream, picture it in your mind but picture it covered in the thing that disgusts you. Imagine how it now smells and how you'd feel if you were told to pick it up and eat it. i know it's gross but believe me it works. ;)

A tip I was given years ago was that if you were really craving something sweet, have a mouthful of something really sour instead, a pickle if you can find compliant ones or even a teaspoonful of vinegar in a little water. This can sometimes really help get rid of the craving. Someone else said a spoonful of plain coconut oil can help.

Another tip I was taught to help specific cravings is this. First identify something that really, really disgusts you, it might be slime, dog poop, someone's vomit, the very worst thing you can think off. Then, whenever you crave say an ice cream, picture it in your mind but picture it covered in the thing that disgusts you. Imagine how it now smells and how you'd feel if you were told to pick it up and eat it. i know it's gross but believe me it works. ;)

I'm so doing this next time I'm craving sweets. Ice cream covered in poop.....yuck!!! Love this idea!

Archived