Osteo Knee Pain

Before starting Whole30 7 days ago, I had been dealing with pain in my left knee due to Ostearthritis for over 6 months. When I got out of bed this morning, I noticed I didn't have that nasty pain when put weight on it! I walked around, put more weight on it than norrmal and it didn't hurt! Can I walk up several stairs yet, no, but I'll take walking up one!

I know I am probably jumping the gun but after dealing with the pain for so long, it is nice to have a pain-free day! :) I have done nothing different than I have in the last 6 months other than change my diet. It's amazing what that one "small" thing can do!

Good for you! I too have osteoarthritis in my knees. This used to be a big problem for me as well. Grains, sugars, etc are all inflammatory. Getting rid of them got rid of the pain.

As much as I "know" it in my head, I never cease to be amazed at how much what I put in my mouth effects my whole body!

Keep up the good work!!

• 2 weeks later...

My knee pain went away within a few days of starting Whole30. It was such a nice relief. I could still feel the underlying problem, but the inflammation that was there was gone. And then it came back! Right now I'm in the process of seeing a doctor and having MRI's, but conversations with him about different causes of inflammation were fascinating (arthritis and meniscal tears and gout!). Last week, right before this current really bad flare up, I had a lot of asparagus and mushrooms and ground beef, which are all relatively high in purines. The flare up I had right before Whole30 came hours after I ate a LOT of pancakes (not high in purines, but high in sugars). Hope your flare ups are brief because none of these joint things are fun. What I think I love the most is that finally I don't feel responsible for my problems like I did when I was eating all the poor foods.

Archived