100% dark chocolate?

Samphire

There's a new range of 100% dark chocolate available form Hotel Chocolate in the UK. It's expensive, £3.50 for 35g so won't be more than an occasional treat. It's 100% cocoa mass, no sugar or dairy.

It looks me it is made in a factory that handles soya, milk and peanuts so while they are not the ingredients, they have to put the disclaimer that there may be traces.

Anyway I'm on day 27 so will probably wait until day 30. It could be a good offload treat. Just thought I would share.

http://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/shop/collections/chocolate/dark/100-percent-dark-chocolate

• 3 years later...

I'm in the UK and also wondered about using 100% cocoa chocolate bars for things such as grating a little onto fresh fruit for a dessert? It has absolutely nothing else in it, just 100% cocoa solids. It's not possible to chow this stuff down like regular chocolate - before I started the Whole30 I occasionally had one small piece in the evening with my decaf coffee, just let it melt in the mouth to savour its bitter taste (an acquired taste, as my husband hates it!!) I don't see it as SWYPO for me as I no longer have that urge to eat the usual milk chocolate...I know it becomes an addiction for me!

https://www.montezumas.co.uk/bars-c1/100-cocoa-chocolate-bar-absolute-black-p249

We're really trying to get you out of the whole 'I need a dessert to finish off my meal' mindset so no this is a no go, and is specifcally called out it the 'Can I Have...?' (see below)

Cacao (100%): Yes

Cacao (or 100% cocoa) is great when used as a savory spice (our Mocha Steak Rub, found in It Starts With Food, is a great example), but you can also feel free to add it to your coffee or tea, or brew it Crio Bru-style. But per the rules of the program, it’s not okay to add cocoa to dates and other fruits to make chocolate-y confections.

These 30 days are about so much more than eating compliant foods - it's a gut reset, and a head re-set too, and doing what you always do will get you where you've always gotten.

If you need something to cleanse your palette at the end of a meal try some olives, or something pickled, a mug of herbal tea maybe, a glass of fruit infused sparkling water, or even just clean your teeth...

Archived