Starting 4/18 - anyone starting then/around then?

Castle

Castle, is there something preventing you from having other protein sources to hand that we could maybe brainstorm ideas for you about? I cannot use eggs- possible allergy which is another reason for my 2nd w30. I have fish usually for breakfast- buy then in the forzen packets from Costco, and usually have 1-2 thawing slowly in the fridge so always one ready to eat. Chicken breasts i BBQ, or cook ahead of time so there are usually 1-2 ready to eat in the fridge. And then i rotate having ground turkey (again from costco), wild bison- usually ground, or some other form of meat defrosting in the freezer. Usually about 2-3 items on the defrost at any one time, as i found one of my issues was variety, i ate a lot of eggs on my first W30 as i had not yet found a routine to make sure i had meat available to cook.

Other options are canned tuna, and canned chicken- which are my go to proteins if i need to go shopping and get food in.

Nope, nothing prevents me from other protein sources - I have plenty of meat in the freezer/fridge and go through quite lot of that too. It's more that eqqs are quick, and I really like how they taste.

Hey! I started today. It's kind of hard for me already, I don't think I really like vegetables!

I was in that place when I first went paleo - didn't like vegetables, fruit, or meat (yeah.), which made it rather difficult. Couple of things I found that made it fun and doable for me:

-Putting things on them: Homemade mayo (2min with an immersion blender), coconut butter , etc.

-Cutting them up small: Carrots are a perfect example of this. I don't like larger carrot chunks at all, but LOVE a carrot hash

-Having them in things: If it's in a stew/curry/quiche/etc. then I tend not to notice them

-Mash/puree: If all else fails....

Does anyone know if nuts can affect digestion? I've had bowel issues (or lack of them) for the past month or so, which is part of the reason I went back on the W30. I don't consume much in the way of nuts, mostly because I have a lot of trouble w/portion control and nuts, but still di have some.

Katy- also try making your own homemade mayo- thats another great fat to have on your veggies. You will probably notice over the course of the month as your tastes change that you like veggies, i know i did. I cannot live without my kale now, even homemade baba ganoush it awesome, and before W30 i thought it was horrible.

also, homemade mustard is great on it's own, or add it to coconut milk for a great sauce.

http://detoxinista.c...-spicy-mustard/

OMG..now homemade mustard? I can't wait. :) How fun. Carry on group. :D

Yes Castle they can and do affect digestion, see the soaking nuts post about replies up. For me they stop weight loss if i get too many, and make me bloated.

One possible way to alleviate the constipation is by maybe eating more veggies- for the fiber, but also eat coconut oil b the spoonful, it greases the bowels and helps slide stuff along :)

Yes Castle they can and do affect digestion, see the soaking nuts post about replies up. For me they stop weight loss if i get too many, and make me bloated.

One possible way to alleviate the constipation is by maybe eating more veggies- for the fiber, but also eat coconut oil b the spoonful, it greases the bowels and helps slide stuff along

Or..instead of soaking nuts..why not just get rid of them? So many other fats that aren't packed with Omega 6s.

I also am trying to avoid nuts all together for the first wk of this w30 challenge. I want to see if it will help with the weight loss. they are sort of a slippery food for me. so easy to over induldge. especially if they are just roasted & salted. I love everybodies great ideas. it keeps me so inspired. keep up the good work all. glad to see everyone making such great changes. because you all know the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

good Monday morning everyone! bncybncytigger I hope your flu passes quickly! nothing worse then not feeling good!!! I hope everyone else is feeling ok....so far so good for me. I felt the 3 day crankiness....I think my family is glad that passed quickly :D. I am looking for a good chicken lettuce wrap recipe! if anyone has a good one please post it. or give the website!!! keep your sites on the prize!!!

Tigger - Thanks for posting the tips! I've read them before, but for some reason they make more sense all packed together. I'm working on less nuts and fruit because both don't always settle well and are definitely w/o brakes for me, but knowing they're probably affecting my weight loss is an extra boost to be careful.

I'm cooking for this week today. I made chicken and bone broth yesterday, so it's time to make chicken salad, roast another chicken, roast sweet pots and brussel sprouts, and finally make Bora Bora Fireballs! Am very excited about that as I finally found coconut aminos locally. Oh, Sunshine sauce as well :)

Momof8 - I'm making lettuce wraps tonight, I'll post how they turn out. Don't have a recipe, but I'm a huge lettuce wrap fan so I'm going to wing it.

mrsjessica sweet...I think my family will like them. I am always looking for new dinner ideas! I have not found coconut aminos yet locally... I know that they probably are at whole foods but the closest one is 30 min away so don't make it there to often. I am with you also about the fruit & nuts... I find it a challenge when I am gone all day! nuts & fruit are so easy. . today I am having cravings for what tho I am not sure because nothing is really calling my name I just have the munchies or something. I know that this to shall pass but I wish it would hurry!!!! thanks for all the good tips all!

New dinner/lunch/breakfast that I love:

-Mixed squash (butternet, etc.), cubed and roasted with cinnamon, olive oil and apple pie spice

-Fry shredded carrots with olive oil, apple pie spice, Chinese 5 spice, and a little coconut flour

-Mix ground meat with seasonings on choice and brown

-Mix it all together with homemade mayo

Easy, delicious, and simple to make large quantities of it.

I printed a few receipes from theclothesmakethegirl cookbook this morning. I am excited to try them. I am making meatpie tonight for my family. they love all the veggies. I do parsnips, carrots, s. potatoe, rutabaga, with ground beef & ground pork. lots of seasonings! they don't even miss the crust. I also make the sugar free ketchup & they like that. usually always make a w30 dinner for them. but otherwise I don't make them stick to it :) ! keep up the posts I love love reading them. the last time I did w30 I didn't get the daily info or use the forum. I find them both very useful this time around!!!!

hello hello. hope your days are moving forward. I felt really good today. the cravings were much less! maybe not eating the nuts has been really helpful. stay the course. post any ups or downs. everyone will help you through!!

Clearly I don't check the threads often enough, thanks for the advice everyone! It's now day 5 for me and my food supply is dwindling so I'm going to try some more veggies that I might like. Someone posted about not liking carrots and I'm right there with you, but I'm thinking about baking them with apples and cinnamon, my grandmother used to make something like that at Christmas and it was so delicious!

katy what a good idea. I would love them baked with cinnamon & apples possibly add raisins after done baking. I made really good chicken lettuce wraps last night. used green curry paste & crushed red pepper flakes in the chicken browned with sesame oil. fried onions, peppers, alvacado & wrapped in lettuce. I couldn't wait to eat them for lunch today. everyone we are almost done with our first wk! what a great success!!!! I am so proud of everyone.

Archived