Dairy Reaction? Or is this all in my head?

I completed my Whole60 on Saturday and decided to reintroduce dairy on Sunday. For lunch I had a slice of cheese on top of a turkey burger (sans bun) and then I made a cauliflower crust pizza for dinner but loaded it with more veges than cheese. Last night when I went to bed I felt very bloated and sluggish. I didn't sleep well during the night but then slept through my alarm in the morning. All morning I had acid reflux and felt heavy and foggy. I decided not to have any cheese today and eat clean. Slowly through the day I have been feeling better even though the acid reflux is still lingering. Could this be a reaction or is it all in my head?

Pre whole30 I loved cheese. I was craving it constantly my first week. After having it yesterday I felt like I could leave it or take it but now I feel like I could definitely leave it. I'm debating on having another cheese reintro day in a few weeks to see if I have the same reaction.

I rarely eat cheese but when I do, I feel bloated and not great. I don't think I get your other symptoms but that doesn't mean you don't. I think when we spend x amount of days eating clean, we feel the reactions more than when we were used to the offending food group. I think trying it again is a good idea in case it was a fluke and then you'll know.

I TOTALLY get brain fog and am sluggish the day following a dairy attack. I get bloated instantly, but the lethargy waits a bit to sink in. I'd be willing to bet your second try will be similar to the first, but it's good to know for sure that's the culprit.

Thanks your your replies. I am feeling so much better today! I'm going to try to reintroduce the cheese again after the finish all of the other reintroduction. I'm fine without it in my diet but I just want to know if that was what was making me feel bad.

Archived