Dear vodka

I thought you were worth it. I thought you were my friend. I thought I would enjoy our reunion after our time apart. Instead I am struggling to parse out a break-up letter on a message board. You are a trickster and I will no longer allow you to take over my brain at social functions.

No love,

Marisa

P.S. even though I am drunk, I mean it.

I just completed a Whole 100. During the final 39 days all I kept thing about was how I would feel to add back wine. Would it be a trigger? I was actually scared to add it back. I am 10 days post. I have has 2 glasses of wine. One really excellent glass out for dinner and a couple sips at home. MEh!!!! I have no real desire to drink anymore. So surprising

I was on that Whole100 train, too. Initially I wasn't sure I could give up wine for that long. Now, all I can think about when I think about adding it back is that feeling you get after the first sip, especially after abstaining, where you can literally feel the poison hit your bloodstream and spread. It creeps me out so badly that I can't bring myself to do it. I think I'm done for good.

I thought you were worth it. I thought you were my friend. I thought I would enjoy our reunion after our time apart. Instead I am struggling to parse out a break-up letter on a message board. You are a trickster and I will no longer allow you to take over my brain at social functions.

No love,

Marisa

P.S. even though I am drunk, I mean it.

:wub: this is wonderful. LOL

Archived