Homemade Almond Milk SUCCESS!

Hey you guys! I'm so excited about my homemade almond milk. It was easy, cheap, and it turned out great. Makes perfect coffee creamer!

I followed the directions/recipe from OhSheGlows.com. She had trouble with cheesecloth but I found it pretty easy...although I do think I'll look for a reusable nut bag in the future just because I really couldn't salvage the cheesecloth and had to toss it.

My version included 1 cup of whole almonds (I bought the 1kg bag from Costco), 1 fresh Medjool date (pit removed), and one whole vanilla bean...all soaked overnight. I drained this in the morning and kept in a sealed container in the fridge during the work day. After work I added all of this to my blender with 3 cups of filtered water. Blended on high for about a minute and a half. Then carefully strained through cheesecloth into a large measuring cup (I actually used an elastic to hold the cloth in place over the measuring cup...then released the elastic carefully when I was ready to gather up the cheesecloth to squeeze the rest of the milk out). Put the milk into a sealable container in the fridge.

That's it! Aside from the soaking this process took all of 5 minutes. Yum.

Now I'm looking for ideas for the almond 'pulp'.

I actually made almond milk for the first time yesterday too - I heated it up in my milk frother and had the best latte I've had in ages (I'm not W30 at the moment and had cows milk latte on Friday - much to my discomfort!). I just used vanilla and added a little bit of coconut oil to the blender when I made mine, just to give it a bit more of that smooth mouth feel (you'll notice that purchased almond milk usually has sunflower oil or something).

Yep, just use the pulp wherever you'd use almond meal.

Archived