Kept eating after last night's dinner

Yesterday, here's a run down of my meals:

Meal 1: 3 scrambled eggs, handful of sweet potato slices, 1/2 cup blueberries, 2 cups steamed broccoli and a palm size worth of chicken breast.

Meal 2: 2 cup spinach salad mixed with cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, olive oil and organic balsamic vinegar. Meatballs with curry sauce. 1/2 avacado.

Meal 3: A bowl of taco meat. Handful of chicken. 1 cup of sauteed (ghee) squash and zucchini. 1 cup of steamed broccoli. A spoonful of coconut manna along with an apple.

Within an hour or two after Meal #3, I still felt hungry and it seemed my body was telling me that I did not eat enough food. So I ate a handful of pistachios, another bowl of taco meat, and another 1/2 avacado.

I was craving something, be it cheese or something crunchy ( I should add that I almost broke the W30 when I was packing my kid's lunch with some goldfish crackers - they smelled so good, cheesy and salty, that I nearly put some in my mouth but stopped myself).

But my question is why was I craving something so soon after I had dinner? Not eating enough, or another reason? I'm not really sure. Anyone can relate?

It's hard to say WHY without knowing more. What day are you on?

Sometimes if I wait too long to eat breakfast it makes me hungry later. Or if I have too much coffee. Also, there were a few times during PMS when I felt like I HAD to eat more or I would DIE. My meals were sufficient but my body just wanted more!

Your meals look adequate. Did you take Melissa's fish test? If it happens again, ask yourself if you are hungry enough for steamed fish and broccoli. If you are, then eat a mini meal of protein fat and veg. If not, then its a craving and not true hunger.

I have found that increasing my protein and fat helps with craving. Maybe have some hot tea or kombucha if you drink it. Unfortunately, cravings are part of the process for most people.

Congrats for staying strong in the face of those evil fish. I can totally picture what they smelled like.

I'm always surprised at how much I have to eat in order to feel full. I think that over all of the months I've been eating Whole30 (or Whole30ish), I have ALWAYS answered the fish and broccoli question with a "HECK YES!!!" I'm saying that because I would say, generally speaking, that unless you're still fighting off sugar/grain/etc. detox stuff, you might very well just be plain ole' hungry.

KitchenWitchy, I'm on day 13.

Slw, forgot about the fish test, but I think if someone put a plate of fish and broccoli in front of me 1 hour after dinner last night, I would have ate it anyway :)

AmyS, I think it might be both plain hunger and detox. Sometimes, especially during the 2nd week of my W30, I almost felt as if I had eaten something that didn't agree with me each day, but I had stayed compliant. So it must be detox, and that might also be contributing to my body wanting more food than usual, as well as not feeling the magic yet.

Archived