Vegetables for thickening a casserole?

percypat

I've just find a pork and apple casserole I'd like to make and apart from a potato for thickening, the recipe is Whole 30 compliant.

Can anyone recommend an alternative for the potato which isn't a sweet potato? My husband hates them.

Cheers!

Edit: Here's the recipe: http://ayorkshirecook.com/pork-and-apple-casserole-in-the-slow-cooker/

I know West Indian cooking uses pumpkin to thicken. What about taro? I'm guessing you can get that in your part of the world. I lived in the South Pacific for a bit (Palau) and the people there ate a ton of taro. Very traditional people's diet-y, and they are very bland.

Bit harder to get the more exotic stuff in Western Australia than on the east coast ...

Saw taro a lot in NZ but never here ... If I do come across it, I will buy and give it a whirl though :)

And omg, Palau! Husband has been talking about going there for ages ... He wants to go to that jellyfish lake!

And omg, Palau! Husband has been talking about going there for ages ... He wants to go to that jellyfish lake!

It is really beautiful. I was teaching English on a remote island with no running water or electricity. We ate a lot of fish, taro and Spam. (!) I got Dengue fever and thought I was going to die there.

Archived