3 meals vs. 2 meals/"mini-meal"

happylady

Hi my fellow Whole30ers!! I am on day 10 (Yay to me!! :D), but I am having a bit of trouble with the meals when I work. I work 12 hour night shift and I find I am eating breakfast around 6 pm. I get a 15 minute break before I have lunch, but I am finding I am eating between 1:30-2:00 in the morning. A big piece of this reason is I am super busy during my shifts. I do get a 15 minute break, its not enough time to eat a full meal. I am not usually able to eat again until after I get home, which is between 8:15-9:00 am. So by the time I get home I am exhausted, not hungry, and having a hard time eating a full meal. What do you think about splitting up the 3rd meal to be over my two break so it would be more like 2 mini meals? Then I can get all of the nutrition I need and not be eating right before I go to bed. Let me know your thoughts. 

I work 12-hour shifts, and eat on almost the exact same schedule. I work day shift though, and I'm definitely able to eat when I get home at 8:00. I don't see how there could be anything wrong with what you're proposing. I often wish I could have a snack between breakfast and lunch, but it just doesn't work out. If I couldn't eat dinner on a regular basis for some reason I'm sure I'd do something similar.

Archived