"Less than 2% of"....

Just now getting started and notice this in a LOT of what seems to be otherwise approved items.

How important is that 'less than 2%'?

Example: Califia Farms Unsweetened Pure Almond Milk.  The ingredients listed are: "Almondmilk (Filtered Water, Almonds), which would seem fine, but then it lists a "Contains less than 2% of the Following: Vitamin/Mineral Blend (Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D2, Vitamin B12, Zinc), Gellan Gum, Carregeeenan, Potassium Citrate, Sunflower Lechthin, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt.....

I know Carrageean is a no-no-, but if its in the less than 2% does that matter? Just generally seeing this in a lot of ingredients, so any insight would be great. THANKS!

ps. carrageenan is never going to a be the main ingredient. It's an additive which is used in tiny amounts (and yes, it is still harmful).

Personally I hate how Califa farm pretends they only use a couple ingredients and then puts all these other things in tinier text on the label to confuse people. This stuff is not the good stuff. eat real food.

• Moderators

Please stay as far away from carrageenan as physically possible for ever... not just your Whole30!  It's SO BAD for you!  It also has no nutritional value whatsoever and the manufacturers that use it could just as easily write 'shake well' on their label and then remove this chemical from their product.  I wonder about companies that choose a harmful chemical in their product when it's completely unnecessary...

Archived