Accidental Slip

I'm on day 22 and I accidentally ate a few tortilla chips while sampling salsa at the farmers market. I know protocol is to start over, but since I'll be having a family reunion camp in a few weeks and won't have much control over the food, I don't think it's possible. At this point I'll probably just continue (while taking note of whatever reactions I may have to corn)  and do another 30 days later when I don't have any major conflicts. How would you handle this situation? 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Tiffdance said:

I'm on day 22 and I accidentally ate a few tortilla chips while sampling salsa at the farmers market. I know protocol is to start over, but since I'll be having a family reunion camp in a few weeks and won't have much control over the food, I don't think it's possible. At this point I'll probably just continue (while taking note of whatever reactions I may have to corn)  and do another 30 days later when I don't have any major conflicts. How would you handle this situation? 

I would start over because it's not an accident to intentionally eat 'a few' chips.  It would have been one thing if you bit a chip, realized what you did and stopped, but you chose to go off plan with the chips... 

There's an article linked in my signature below called 'Do I really need to start over'.  We recommend you read it and decide as you're a human with autonomy and we can't MAKE you start over OR absolve you of the damage you've done to the reset.

The thing is, it wasn't intentional. Before sampling, I asked the lady about the ingredients. I made sure there was no sugar or off plan oils in them. I made sure not to sample the one with corn and beans in it. I just absolutely forgot about the mode of transportation to get the salsa to my mouth. It wasn't until I sampled 3 salsas that I realized what I'd done. I didn't choose to eat them, I just had a moment of forgetfulness. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 2:42 PM, Tiffdance said:

Hi! i just saw your post... im personally on day 13... yesterday i CHOSE to have Gluten free pizza. I could give probably 5-7 reasons to what lead me to eat the pizza.. but the fact of the matter is that I ate it... and let me tell you what-- i PAID for it immediately. I felt SOOO sick 20 minutes later i ended up falling asleep on my couch at like 8. I woke up bloated, feeling bad etc.. BUT-- im not starting over. Just like i CHOSE to eat the pizza, im also CHOOSING to use this as a big learning moment. It taught me alot about myself and how i respond to stressful situations/poor planning. It also taught me alot through the reaction I had to the pizza. I thought maybe since it was gluten free it would be fine but I was so wrong. It made me completely appreciate the work that I had done in the 12 days and made me appreciate the foods that I had been fueling my body with. My next 18 days are going to be 100% spot on, but I'm not starting over. I'm not sure what you decided but just giving you my story.

On 7/17/2017 at 8:30 PM, kirkor said:

@alexamassie I hope you complete a Whole30+reintros at some point.  There is value in a Whole13 and a Whole18 but it's just not the same.

I definitely plan on it.. but after I finish out this one. I understand it isn't the same.. but I also understand my mental state, and If i were to view that as a complete failure and having to start over from ground 0- it would have done me more harm than good. 

Archived