More downs than ups!

PSOnoMO

Hi Everyone! I'm on day 9 of my first Whole30, and I feel like I'm seeing a ton of negative side effects! I have Psoriasis, which seems to be getting even worse over the last couple of days. Additionally, I have been getting extreme headaches which never happens to me, and I have been very gassy! Is this just my body going through withdrawal?? Anyone have advice, tips, experiences like mine? 

On 9/9/2017 at 9:45 PM, PSOnoMO said:

I have been getting extreme headaches which never happens to me, and I have been very gassy!

The headaches could be from lack of salt, lack of water, lack of food, or from a specific food that you are eating. The gas is fairly common and, shooting from the hip, usually stems from too many raw veg, too many cruciferous veg, raw cruciferous veg (double whammy!), too many nuts/dried fruit.

As slc_melissa has said it would be helpful to know what exactly your meals have looked like so are better equipped to help you troubleshoot....

On 9/9/2017 at 9:55 PM, slc_melissa said:

Can you list or a few days of food, being specific about types of veggies and how the amounts relate to the meal template? Are you drinking water, salting your food, working out? How are sleep and stress?

You can also google whole 30+psoriasis

Here was a typical day last week:

Breakfast: Egg casserole with Egg, Ground Chicken, & Sweet potato

Lunch: chicken salad with homemade mayo (olive oil + egg  + garlic) that had red peppers, carrot & onion

Dinner: Chicken Meatballs w/Coconut Curry sauce (coconut milk + curry paste and some other seasonings) over cauliflower rice. 

After reading more about the AIP, it sounds like I may need to cut out eggs for a bit for the psoriasis flares. 

It's very difficult to spot any patterns from one day's worth of food as the results tend to be cumulative - What did you eat on some other days last week?

As per slc_melissa's post are you salting your food? How much water are you drinking daily?

Foods such as onion, cauliflower & sweet potato can cause gas for many folk, but again it would be tend to be more of a cumulative effect as it will depend on your own personal tolerance level for the specific sugars in those foods...

Note also that skin issues tend to get worse before they get better.

Archived