Hungry & Losing Too Much Weight

I am posting this on behalf of my aunt (who does not use the internet). She has always had a very fast metabolism and has lost weight on her Whole30 and feels very hungry. She is following the recommendations but with her high metabolism it isn't enough. Would you recommend more fat? more protein? More starchy carbs like sweet potatoes & root vegetables? An extra meal? She started eating quinoa after she lost the weight and she's afraid to give that up and try again. She suffers from a lot of inflammation and arthritis so I know the Whole30 will benefit her if she can stick with it.

I am 5'3" and have been comfortable with my weight for a few years. I always had the normal fluctuations, but stayed between 115-120. I lost 8 lbs on my W30. I felt like that was too much. I had an annual exam right after completing my W30. My doc was not concerned that my weight was 107. I assume it has stayed around the same since completing my W30. I eat a lot more food now than I did before W30. She probably just needs more of everything. I put away a full plate of food at every meal. Some days I even need more. I do a moderate amount of exercise. I would say that the hunger is the first clue that she's not getting enough. Maybe have her start with bigger servings at meals and add in another meal or snack if she's still hungry.

I think it's likely that she just needs to eat more altogether.

bigger meals and perhaps one extra "snack"

she may have a small tummy so needs to work up to eating more at a time. And it takes time. I know. I am so used to wolfing down a quick bite here and there that it's hard to get in proper meals large enough and make the commitment of 30 min - 1 hr to eat because it takes time to chew all this real food. I have found this one of the hardest things to be committed to in this program cause I just get bored of eating and want to move on to other things.

Archived