Feeling guilty

First time poster here! I'm on day 17 and I've stayed compliant through a fancy event, baseball game, work trip to NYC, and plan to continue to my Bachelorette party on June 28- which would be exactly a Whole60 (I had a lot of stomach issues and feel two full months of healing is a good idea).

HOWEVER, the last two nights I have made what I guess people call "banana soft-serve" and mixed some bananas with coconut milk and made myself a mini-desert. I feel like I've failed the Whole30 because of this, even though it's all compliant foods. I've been able to eliminate nuts (ate way too many week 1) and am trying to reduce the nut butter to max 1 thumb-size a day, but I feel like I've replaced them with with new "crutch"

The only thing I can think to do is stop buying fruit. Help!

It sounds to me that fruit is feeding your sugar dragon. I rarely eat fruit. There is more nutrition in veggies and no fruit sugar involved. Dont start over but ditch the fruit for now. :) Also, I am not sure you should go straight from W60 to your bachelorette party. That is a lot for your system to handle. I would give yourself a week to ten days of reintro.

Look for some recipes that incorporate creamy and sweet components for your meal 3 ( sugar snap peas and/or carrots dipped in "ranch" ), baba ganoush with jicama, or a curry with red and yellow peppers and sweet onions, and shrimp... or creamy cauliflower soup

( or cauliflower gravy for your meat!) Use your whole 30 as an opportunity to retrain your brain that sweet and creamy can be something besides dessert, and you will stop seeking out food that causes guilt...which I'm pretty sure is very bad for digestion...sleep ... Sense of well being... Peace of mind...and may cause wrinkles...

Archived