Is this okay?

I was getting sick of avocado for my fat at meals and wanted to change it up. I experimented and found a great food. I take some frozen cherries and pour coconut milk on them. It freezes to them and there is also some milk in the bowl too. I am eating this with a meal and not after the fact. Well, I was eating it during the meal, but since my appetite has been low, I started eating it towards the end of the meal so if I got full, I would have been full on the protein and veggies and not the fruit. I only discovered this two days ago. Anyway, does this sound okay and not SWYPO? It's easy for me to stop at one serving (i.e. 1/2-1cup cherries and 1/4 cup coconut milk). I'd love more because it's tasty, but it's not making me crave.

• Moderators

We recommend not eating dessert at the end of a meal, even fruit, because if you eat "dessert" during a Whole30, you are going to get to the end with a conventional relationship with food and not a new and improved relationship with food. This looks a lot like eating dessert. It is one of those things that is not absolutely forbidden, but is probably not a good choice.

Some other choices you could make for having fat in your meal is to include compliant sausage as your protein, adding a fried or poached egg to the meal, or a handful of olives.

Hmm, maybe I'm doing it wrong. I thought that if you cook an egg in oil, you still have to add fat since it's not a full serving. Like this morning I had eggs, steak, sweet potato and onion cooked in coconut oil, but I still had some coconut milk on the side. Am I doing it wrong?

I will try to have the fruit with my meal instead of after so I don't treat it as dessert. Thanks for the tip.

Archived