Fast energy foods for endurance sports like Mountain climbing

mtnsea

Do you have the little kid applesauce (or other veggie/fruit) pouches available at your store? The ones with the ingredients only being whatever it should be (i.e. apples, water, and/or whatever else it's supposed to taste like)? Maybe compliant LaraBars - I only have 4 flavors available, but 3 are compliant: Coconut Cream Pie (delicious AND has some added fat with the coconut oil), Apple Pie (not my fave), and Cherry Pie.

Plaintain/sweet potato/starchy veggie "chips" - recipes abound on the internet.

A friend of mine who rides 70 miles on an empty stomach (2x weekly) says prunes mi ride do her great!

On the athlete forum I came across this concoction for long bike rides, which I am looking forward to trying-

cashew nut butter/hemp protein powder mix/ wrapped inside of a date.

Also, I am a ski instructor during the winter- working with 4-7 years sometimes for hours on end when height of season (lots of physical activity required). I would keep hardboiled eggs in my pocket to snack on. When I had break time, I had time to eat pistachio nuts, a date or two and a hb egg or two.

I am thinking because you are becoming (or are) fat adapted, you will want to get proteins in the mix and not lean towards the quick energy sugars unless it is really long distance- check out the athletes part of the forum.

On the athlete forum I came across this concoction for long bike rides, which I am looking forward to trying-

cashew nut butter/hemp protein powder mix/ wrapped inside of a date.

The nut butter/date combo looks good, but avoid that protein powder. We want you to get used to using whole foods to fill your needs :)

Archived