New Month, New W30. She's baa-ack!

martihana60

Yes! I'm back. I've missed the forums, and I'm in need of a new W30. I'm just going to keep working this until it's a lifestyle.

Completed a W60-ish in early April, and have seen myself sliding a bit since, with abrupt reintros of dairy, gluten, sweetener, and legumes. They sort of attacked me all at once.

And as I mentioned last time around, I think I'm sensitive to eggs. So. I have a dozen eggs in my fridge. I am going to eat them. Then I am going to plan breakfasts that do not include eggs. And I'll be eliminating all the other sh-stuff that has slipped in.

It's almost 11 am in the suburbs of Washington, DC. It's a warm day today, with temps approaching 90F. And I haven't had breakfast yet! I think it's time.

Later, Y'all. Today's a brand-spankin new day.

A brand-spankin new day and a brand-spanking new month! We have great crisp blue skies in Alaska and walking to the store with my little girl made me feel so hopeful and excited for all the possibilities. I'd like my body energy to match my head energy!! Sensitivity to eggs sounds no fun at all! We completed a Whole30 in April and continued into May until we traveled. Traveling was fun and so was eating, but the legumes, wheats and sugars definitely left us all feeling cruddy. It was a good to experience that. To a good month!!!

Day 1. I wanted ice cream. Why is that, I wonder? I did NOT give in to the urge.

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 1 ground lamb burger, sauteed onions.

Coffee, vitamixed w 1 tablespoon each of ghee and coconut oil.

Lunch: Chicken thighs.

Dinner: STEAK, yeah! With sauteed onions and mushrooms on the side.

Drank lots of water today. A good thing, I bet. Took a picture of my dinner, but it's downstairs and I'm upstairs, so maybe tomorrow.

G'night, yall! I think I'm back on track.

And tomorrow's a brand new day.

Okay, folks. Day 2 was an epic fail. The Clif bar, the GUS Soda and the Dove chocolate ice cream bars ganged up on me all at once and beat me into submission.  

But that was yesterday, and today's a new day. I admit the day is young, but I appear to be back on track.

Day One. Again.

Breakfast was a "meat stir-fry" of bacon, 1/2 of an onion, and ground lamb, crumbled and fried together. Small side of sauerkraut and 5 olives. And no eggs. I've decided to use the remaining eggs I have on hand to make yolks-only mayonnaise.

I'm off to work, and will check in later.

Day 1, Lunch: A skillet stir-fry of bacon, ground lamb, onions, and cabbage.  Made enough last night for two lunches. It was delicious, but gave me some cramps shortly after. Maybe I need to cut down on the cabbage? It's been a staple of my diet for months.

Had two cups of coffee today: weak, no sweetener, only coconut oil and ghee. Proud of getting through this day with no sugar I worked about 1.5 hours later than usual, but managed to hold my hunger till I got home for dinner. Which was . . .

1 smallish turkey burger, a moderately large serving of cauliflower mash (stick blender works wonders!) and a small serving of onion slices, sauteed alongside the burger. Eating it now. It is yummy.

I'm looking into a small battery-powered blender that I can take to work for bulletproof coffee there. My regular blender is too loud. I've got a little one on order. If it does the trick, I'll share details.

And hey! Tomorrow's a brand new day!

See you then.

Day 2! Day 2! I made it!

Breakfast was ground turkey and lamb, with some bacon bits and onions and broccoli, all stirred up together.

2 cups coffee with coconut oil and a little ghee. No sweets

Lunch was leftover beef and cabbage from yesterday. I was VERY hungry today.

Dinner was chicken thighs cooked on evco, and cauliflower mash with avocado oil and olive oil, a little ghee, salt, pepper, and a dash of sage. It was delish!

I slept horribly last night -- two two-hour naps, actually, and have been miserably tired all day. Now that it's bed time, I've got some energy. Drat!

And hey! Tomorrows a new day.

Good night!

If your little blender does not work well, I HIGHLY recommend Bon Jour (battery powered model only; rechargeable one stinks) hand held frother for $20.  Very small and quiet.

Welcome back to Whole30.  I'm still working on putting together 30 consecutive days, but have gone sugar free for 42 of the last 45 days and am feeling great because of it.

Now to work on portion control.

Day 3. What, I wonder, is going on in the cosmos that requires me to be wide awake at precisely 3 am. That *is* the witching hour, isn't it?  Two nights in a row. Yesterday I was miserably tired. Today I am hysterically tired.

Breakfast was about 8 ounces of cooked ground beef. No veggies -- I know, I know! But was running late and wanted to get the protein in.

Am on my second cup of coffee/evoo.

Snack about 2 hours ago was a small chicken thigh. No veggies -- I know, I know! But . . .

And lunch, coming up shortly, will be a turkey burger and BROCCOLI!

Despite the hysteria, it's good to be getting the nutrition back on track.

More later, if I'm still awake after dinner.

PamH, I'm looking for a little, relatively quiet blender I can have at work, but it has to be able to emulsify the evco into the coffee for true bulletproof coffee. These days, I just melt oil on top and stir as I drink.

You didn't mean your battery-operated frother would whip cauliflower, did you? If so, that's a mighty frother indeed!

Oh, and the other point I was going to make, on this Day 3 of W30 #2, is that I find I must reduce my tv-watching while I'm on program. If I'm watching too much tv, I'm probably snacking.

But watching less tv is a good thing. It reminds me there are other things in life! Maybe I can reduce my tv time permanently.

PamH, I'm looking for a little, relatively quiet blender I can have at work, but it has to be able to emulsify the evco into the coffee for true bulletproof coffee. These days, I just melt oil on top and stir as I drink.

You didn't mean your battery-operated frother would whip cauliflower, did you? If so, that's a mighty frother indeed!

HAH!  No, it just works with my coffee and coconut milk.  It will make true BP coffee without annoying the neighbors

OH, and all I've eaten pretty much today is veggies.  Between my veggies and your protein... we are compliant.  It takes a village!

Dinner on Day 3 (yesterday) was another meat stir-fry with bacon, onions, turkey, and beef, and a nice side of cauliflower mash. I also had a late cup of decaf coffee to try out my new personal blender. The blender is not what I'm looking for, but @PamH, you will be pleased to note that I found the Bonjour at that huge online marketplace, Amazon. The difference -- that is, the reason it's so powerful -- is that it uses 4 batteries instead of two. Gives the engine a lot more oomph. I have one on order. Will have to send this weak-kneed one back. Thanks for the tip!

Day 4!

Breakfast was yet another meat stir-fry. Okay, I'll have to get some variety, as soon as I go grocery shopping -- tonight or tomorrow evening.  This morning I also tossed in (after cooking) some shredded salad greens from my little tabletop garden, and I had a small side serving of sauerkraut.

Two cups of coffee and evco in the half-hearted blender.

Snack (?) Kinda late for a snack, but it won't hold me till I get home) was a can of sardines (I need to keep some in my desk drawer at all times), a couple of garlic-stuffed green olives, and a few carrot pieces.

Lunch, then, was a turkey burger and the rest of the olives and carrots.

Satisfied now, and back to work. Thanks, all, for listening.

Dinner on Day 4 was a handful of cashews -- probably a larger handful than I needed. A nice -- very nice-- swordfish steak, sauteed in ghee, seasoned with salt, pepper, and a little dill. A side of sauteed asparagus, and half a sweet red pepper.  A very delicious dinner, and a step away from the ground meat.

This morning, I'm cooking up 4 chicken thighs. Two for breakfast and two to go for lunch. Also have cauliflower steaming now to make some mash. I'll bring a handful of cashews and a handful of olives to work for lunch.

The scale dos not say I'm losing weight, but my pants all feel baggy. Yay!

NO SCALE!!!!

I don't believe W30 should be about losing weight (or gaining weight) at all.  Save that for the post-30 phase when you have a better handle on things and your habits have adjusted to your new way of eating.  Too much pressure to add to the month if you are checking the scale.

Anyhow, I think I gained weight in the first 2 weeks because I was popping food in my mouth to avoid eating the 'bad' stuff.   ;)

Yay you for adding vegetables and other proteins!  

Oh yikes, PamH, I forgot about that! I assure you it will not happen again! Only weighed once since I started this W30. But I did put on a pair of pants this morning that went on way easier than I remember. And with room to spare.

Archived