Slips while travel! Argh!

bnlauren

So.....I started the 30 day challenge yesterday.....I'm on day 2 then I think I want a smoothie...when I go to Smoothie King I ask them if they have any sweetners in them, they say the orange juice is regular juce.....so I get mangosteen extract, mango fruit, strawberry fruit, papya fruit, and kiwi fruit thinking I'm ok but it was so sweet it HAD to have sugar in it....right? So, I figured I fell off the bandwagon and tossed out my unfinished smoothie.

Next, I go to Texas Roadhouse and order veggies, baked potato, and filet mignon....NOT BUTTER OR SEASONINGS......veggies and sweet potato were ok but the steak had a salty seasoning.....BOO!

Do these 2 slips mean I have to start over? No clue.......eating and traveling is so hard :(

Nope. They want you to eat the fruit whole, vs drinking it. It's more satiating, avoids overdoing the allowed fruit portion size, and it's better to eat smaller servings of fruit throughout the day vs a large amount in one sitting. All explained in It Starts with Food pages 192-193.

Smoothies are really, absolutely, totally, deeply (can I make it any stronger :) ) discouraged on a W30. We want you to follow the meal template http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf and smoothies have no part in that. Fruit should not push veggies off the plate and the serving size is what you can hold in your hand, fresh that is, not dried. Any smoothie is going to contain far, far more than that and give you a complete sugar rush, never mind the total lack of protein. Since your body processes liquids differently from solids, green smoothies are equally deeply discouraged.

I feel for you because it is, as you say much harder to eat compliant when you're travelling, if you search this forum, I'm sure you'll get lots of advice. good luck

I travel a ton for work and have found that the only solution is to pack food.  Usually, I'm able to find a Whole Foods or decent restaurant to get a salad and some protein while at my destination but I almost always bring food on my flights.  Here are a couple of Paleo ideas that can easily be made compliant (except the almond flour muffins)  http://basicwoman.blogspot.com/2013/06/plane-food-yep-thats-what-i-meant-to-say.html

• 1 month later...

Archived