pork ribs?

susanna

Back ribs or St. Louis style ribs? Makes a difference in how you cook them - one has a bit more meat and fat than the other.

My favorite way to cook most ribs is with a dry rub and over a grill, but you can also oven bake them or even cut them into 2-3 rib servings and put them in the crock pot. Any way you do it, you want long, slow cooking times to make the meat as tender as you can get it.

LOL. I think you'll be ok as long as you keep an eye on them. The best way to tell they're done is when the meat starts to pull away from the bone a little.

Here's what I"d recommend:

2 T kosher salt

2 T chili powder

2 T paprika

1 T garlic powder

1 T onion powder

2 tsp cumin

2 tsp oregano

1 tsp allspice

Mix it all up and apply to the ribs thickly. Drizzle some apricot juice or apple juice over the whole thing, but don't wash off the rub. Put them in a 275 oven and bake. Every 15-20 mins or so, drizzle some more apple juice over them. When the meat starts to pull away from the bone, they're done. Depending on how much you have, it could take anywhere from 2 hours to 4 hours. Just keep checking and wiggling the closest bone to you to see if it's loose.

• Moderators

Archived